Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Corndogs

Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump   Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:58 am

Started doing the ims4.7 install, when i pulled out fuel pump i noticed dirt and shiney things. Upon inspection they were small aluminum shavings. Anybody else have this, oe might know the cause

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump   Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:18 pm

The stuff that comes out of the pumps isn't exactly debris free. I seem to recall some of the fuel injected MX bikes having fuel pumps that were very sensitive to clogging. A popular safeguard was a filter sock thing that went into the filler neck. Here's a link to what I'm talking about.

I don't imagine there's too much aluminum in the pump, but I've never had one apart so I really don't know.
Back to top Go down

Help, aluminum shavings in tank n on fuel pump
Page 1 of 1