Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Well, I figured it out...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Askel

Well, I figured it out... Empty
PostSubject: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:57 pm

...how to carry a bicycle on my WR:

Well, I figured it out... 7279856286_181c72ffb2_z

Rode up to Copper Harbor, maybe a 160 mile round trip, all paved. Had no less than 5 people taking pictures of me from moving vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:08 am

more pics of the setup please :)
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Should make for a nice wheelie bar back there.
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:14 am

Pretty sick setup!
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 am

You must be pretty tall. I'd never be able to mount the WRR without being able to swing my leg over the rear fender, LOL. It's why I took the Givi box off, I am too short to step over the seat like I could on my F650GS I had before this bike.

Great idea though. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Askel

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Arkmage wrote:
more pics of the setup please :)

This is about the best I got before I took the setup off the WR. Next time I try, will be looking to install something I can leave on full time.

Well, I figured it out... 7279860220_a393a9b7b0_z

It's pretty simple, really. bolt a board to a TCI Borrego rack, bolt fork lock to that. The key to making it actually work though is that cinch strap over the handlebars and attached to the passenger footpegs. Crank that sucker down and all the weight is on the front fork lock. The board is there merely to facilitate loading and keep the rear wheel in place.

Next iteration won't have the board hanging off the back. Looking at making something that goes no further back than the bottom bracket on the bicycle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

thumb

Nice !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I figured it out...   Well, I figured it out... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, I figured it out...
Page 1 of 1