Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

programer info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lenzhotrod

programer info Empty
PostSubject: programer info   programer info EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:15 pm

I see a few different programers on the market and would like to know the down and dirty on their abilities. I come from a diesel and gas truck background and imagine these to be much the same. Unfortunatly I learned the expensive way by having to purchace different types and brands until I found the one I was happiest with. On my 2011 WR250R I have removed all the emissions, gutted the cat, removed EXUP and enlarged the muffler cap. The air box is opened and flap secured. I have a throttlebody I plan to enlarge 2-4mm and I am looking into upping the fuel pressure. Is the fuel regulator inside the tank with the pump? What I need is a programmer that will allow me to adjust duty cycles to compensate for these mods. Also in other vehicle tuning I've done in the past we were able to go to the injector control and up voltages for faster open and close timing. Is there anything out there to help me do this? Any and all info is appreciated. bow By the way I love this site. thumb Please let me know if I am heading in the wrong direction as I do not have time or funds to make all my own mistakes. :nono: I bought this bike because I have always LOVED riding small bore bikes and doing everything my friends on their larger bikes cant do. I ride to work Monday thru Friday and in the dirt on weekends. Wish I knew these were around 4 years ago. beavis Not a bad start for having it only 2 months. cheers
Back to top Go down
lenzhotrod

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 am

dddog So all these looks and no answers. scratch

lurk
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 4:06 pm

lenzhotrod wrote:
I have a throttlebody I plan to enlarge 2-4mm and I am looking into upping the fuel pressure. Is the fuel regulator inside the tank with the pump? What I need is a programmer that will allow me to adjust duty cycles to compensate for these mods. Also in other vehicle tuning I've done in the past we were able to go to the injector control and up voltages for faster open and close timing. Is there anything out there to help me do this? Any and all info is appreciated.

You're heading in a direction I've never seen or read about anybody heading in.

Can't really answer your questions because of that.

Based on what you want to do, I'd suggest you go with the PCV unit.

It allows for the largest and most detailed range of customization and control.

Be sure to post lots of pictures and details about what you end up doing if you start cannibalizing the entire Yamaha fueling and electrical system.

lurk

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
lenzhotrod

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

cheers Thanks, at least I have some sort of direction. thumb
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:27 am

Plan to install big bore kit next week, have just replaced fmf programmer with PCV. Along with bb kit hope to do some head work then to the dyno room. I am hoping for 30hp+. The R now has about 12k on it and I have been doing about 50/50 road- trail but have come up with an x so hope r will be doing less road work in the future. I hope I can do some pictures for you guys but no promises. The bike has had most mods done and with the FMF programmer it had was just under 27hp, was getting 60 miles to the gallon average road and trail. I am not a very aggressive rider since I am 75 but do not have trouble keeping up with the locals, ssoooooo time will tell. Most new work is being done by a great teck at the local Yamaha shop which has the Dyno also. Berwyn usa usa bert amazon
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 am

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
Plan to install big bore kit next week, have just replaced fmf programmer with PCV. Along with bb kit hope to do some head work then to the dyno room. I am hoping for 30hp+. The R now has about 12k on it and I have been doing about 50/50 road- trail but have come up with an x so hope r will be doing less road work in the future. I hope I can do some pictures for you guys but no promises. The bike has had most mods done and with the FMF programmer it had was just under 27hp, was getting 60 miles to the gallon average road and trail. I am not a very aggressive rider since I am 75 but do not have trouble keeping up with the locals, ssoooooo time will tell. Most new work is being done by a great teck at the local Yamaha shop which has the Dyno also. Berwyn usa usa bert amazon

Any chance you could get, or do you have any dyno results where the ONLY difference was FmF programmer vs. PCV programmer?

It would be huge - make that HUGE to see if there's any measurable difference.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Sorry Motokid, Will not be able to get that info because of the PCV will not be programed until after the 290 kit is installed. I used the settings on the FMF programmer that Shewolf provided which was good all the way thru the test on the Dyno chart. Willing to provide any info I can. What the PCV has now in the way of settings is what it was shipped with, it seems fine but you know how the "seat of the pants"can lie. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Also, The Dyno man is a believer in Dyno Jet programmers. He stated at the time he ran the FMF that if it had a Dyno Jet that he maybe could to get a couple more horses out of it, but who knows really? Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

programer info Empty
PostSubject: Re: programer info   programer info Empty

Back to top Go down

programer info
Page 1 of 1