Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bar risers, taller bars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackdog

Blackdog

Bar risers, taller bars Empty
PostSubject: Bar risers, taller bars   Bar risers, taller bars EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:06 pm

How high can we raise the bars before we run into cable/wiring length problems? I find that I can't ride standing on the pegs very well.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Bar risers, taller bars   Bar risers, taller bars EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:41 pm

I have zeta 1-1/8" adaptor which raises the bar about 3/4" and a high bar that is 3/4" higher then the stock. My clutch cable is borderline however I think if you are sneaky you could re-route the cables and you could go a little higher. I would almost like another 1" in height as I would like the bars up more for standup as well.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: Bar risers, taller bars   Bar risers, taller bars EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:12 pm

IAmABug wrote:
I have zeta 1-1/8" adaptor which raises the bar about 3/4" and a high bar that is 3/4" higher then the stock. My clutch cable is borderline however I think if you are sneaky you could re-route the cables and you could go a little higher. I would almost like another 1" in height as I would like the bars up more for standup as well.

I'm 5'10" and figure I need only 1" in height. I'm thinking on going with the Highway dirt bikes set up with fat bars. I just need to figure out what bend I need.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Bar risers, taller bars   Bar risers, taller bars EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:06 pm

I missed this somehow. I have Tusk 1" risers on my bike. I didn't re-route the cables at first on the clutch side but ended up routing the clutch cable on the outside of the forks because I was having some issues with adjustment with the cable being pulled tight.

Bar risers, taller bars WR250R-27
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bar risers, taller bars   Bar risers, taller bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Bar risers, taller bars
Page 1 of 1