Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Superchimp

Superchimp

Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear Empty
PostSubject: Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear   Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 am

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my bike.
When i'm popping my front wheel up in the first gear (with clutch), when the front tire gets up in the air i hear strange single 'clang' sound coming from the front of the bike.
It's like something is hitting something else. I checked if there is any movement in the wheel or if there is a problem with head bearing (there is no problem with steering) but couldn't find any problem.

What do you think may be the cause?

Thanks,
M.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear   Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:38 am

On my bicycle, it is just the sag coming out of the front fork , when I lift it...?
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear   Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm

My thoughts are the front topping out when you lift off. Only in 1st, what about second and third gear wheelies?? Try hitting a jump and see if you hear the same noise.

Could be time for a fork rebuild.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear   Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange single clang noise while wheeling in 1st gear
Page 1 of 1