Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

easy exhaust question.....

Go down 
+2
motokid
rangehound
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rangehound

easy exhaust question..... Empty
PostSubject: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 am

I am looking for a quick and fairly inexpensive way to increase power to my 2011 WR250R.

I am planning on replacing my stock header and muffler but am concerned about the increase in noise.

Can someone please tell me which manufacture provides the most increase in power output witht the least noise increase.

Cost is not an issue....I have just read so many posts about riders who install new mufflers and are very unhappy witht the noise increase.

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 am

FmF Q4

You may want to nix the header idea and spring for a fuel programmer though. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rangehound

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 am

Thank you Motokid.

Hard to get a lot of replies on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:18 pm

rangehound wrote:

Hard to get a lot of replies on this forum.

scratch All of your posts/questions have been replied to. Some in great detail... deal

I have the FMF Powecore 4 (PC4) and the noise level is fine for me. Some feel its to loud. The Q4 is a great option as well and no power loss compared the PC4. I have the stock header and like Motokid recommend, i opted for the programmer. I also question any additional performance with the header....but they sure are purdy!

rangehound wrote:
Quick and fairly inexpensive
dropping a tooth in the front or going up a few on the back is going to give you the most bang for your buck

rangehound wrote:
Cost is not an issue
Turbo/Bigbore kit
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Somebody please step forward and correct me if I'm wrong....

As far as aftermarket exhaust is concerned,

the FmF Q4 is

THE

quietest bar none.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:21 pm

I had a PC4 on my bike when I bought it and was LOUD, way too loud for my tastes. It had a little more zip with it on there, but I couldn't stand the noise levels. I went back to the stock exhaust after one day of owning the bike.
Back to top Go down
xanny man 262

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:54 am

Ill buy someone stock exhaust canister or spark arrestor ........PM me
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Is it really worth having an exhaust that you must re-pack all the time? Just curious is all. dunno
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Pokey wrote:
Is it really worth having an exhaust that you must re-pack all the time? Just curious is all. dunno

What do you think "all the time" means?

Months? Miles?

How often do you assume we're all repacking?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: easy exhaust question.....   easy exhaust question..... Empty

Back to top Go down

easy exhaust question.....
Page 1 of 1