Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
Krabill
YZEtc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YZEtc

YZEtc

WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? Empty
PostSubject: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:25 am

Anybody cut the size of the stock taillight/license plate holder down to something less than 16 feet long? :)
If so, got any tips and/or pics on how you did it?
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:13 am

I've got two friends here in town who did it, then put the integrated turn signal led's into the taillight itself. No external turn signals needed. I'll point them to this thread so they can school you.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:29 am

Red did his. Whale Tail

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Thank you for the link, SheWolf. thumb
I thought I'd seen that somewhere, but wasn't sure.
The stocker has to go.

I have to admit, though, that 0007onWR's avitar image makes me a bit squeemish. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Very happy That's only part of the pic I sent him where he got that from. wink

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:06 pm

Ya that tail light mod turned out pretty good, look's almost factory which is what I was looking for, I wanted the license plate bracket to extend to the back of the rear tire to keep roost off my helmet
Shewolf whipped up that Avatar with her impressive although disturbing Photoshop skills, I was so offended I just had to have it LOL
You think the Yamaha guy is bad you shoulda seen the Honda guy, I had to crop that one right off
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 am

Scary. Very happy

Awesome work on the taillight.
I'd not have known that wasn't factory otherwise.
Too bad the stock one is mandated it be a couple of yards long.
At least it's nice and bright. :)

Furthering the theory of the best laid plans of mice and men often going astray, once I'd decided to modify my stock coal shovel, I found (and just purchased) a DRC Edge taillight kit for the WR-250R from a guy, still new, for a reduced price that fit my budget.
Guess the planets were aligned properly. :)
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:52 am

I sure like the look of the WR450F tail light but I doubt there is capability for brake light I will check into it if I can find a takeoff
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Got my DRC Edge taillight mounted and it looks sweet.
I should post a pic soon.
Now I am getting used to seeing the bike without this big black thing hanging off the rear. :)

I'm going riding tomorrow with a buddy on his 2007 Honda XR-650R that's plated.
We're going to be hitting some new terrain to me, and I welcome that.
Looking forward to it. :)
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 3:59 pm

I got the edge tail light on my WRR months ago then I saw modded whale tail did that to my WRX. The edge tail light is nice but cost $85 plus blinker. I like the modded whale tail best thanks 007.
Back to top Go down
gkasper

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:34 pm

Krabill wrote:
I've got two friends here in town who did it, then put the integrated turn signal led's into the taillight itself. No external turn signals needed. I'll point them to this thread so they can school you.

Sorry for the delay in getting to this...

I went with an integrated LED board from an 02-03 R1, HERE is a link to the board I went with (however I don't think I paid over $60 for it?)

It was a pretty simple install once you got down to it, but it looks a bit overwhelming when you're reading the instructions.

Basically you just cut apart your stock tail light and substitute in the replacement. Wiring was pretty straight forward.

I kept cutting with the dremel tool on the "whale tail" until all I had left was the housing for the actual tail light, and used the stock "whale tail" bracket to support the license plate.

I think it looks pretty clean, and changes the look of the bike significantly!

I don't have access to any closer pics here at work, but I can provide some close ups of what I did if someone wants to see.

Here's a dirty pic so you can get the idea.
WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? 599127494_RLncd-XL
Back to top Go down
twday

twday

PostSubject: Got a stock tail piece you'd like to sell?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:09 pm

I bought a used WRX with a mangled license plate/tail fender and would like to return it to stock. If anyone has one they'd like to sell, I'm your buyer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?   WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR-250R: Who Has Modded the Stock Taillight/License Plate?
Page 1 of 1