Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rekluse Clutch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonehead

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 pm

I've used the z-Start Pro clutches for years on my dirt bikes. Totally love how they work in hare scrambles and on the track.

Just curious if this has any fans on the street side. I just recently bought a brand new 2008 WR250X. (yup..my Yamaha dealer found one in Idaho!)

I have one ready to stab into the bike, but not sure I see the function on the street like I did in the dirt.

Any opinions?
Back to top Go down
chuckP

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:18 pm

I've got the shortest version (2 finger i believe). It's a great product that sees track and street use. I wish I would have gone with the longer version. Anyone want to trade? lol
Back to top Go down
Bonehead

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:05 pm

After popping the clutch cover off, its obvious that the 250F version I have is not the same as the EFI motor. Called Rekluse and verified. They dont make a unit for the X. Bah!
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 am

I'm considering putting an auto clutch in my KDX. I compression brake too much on the street to put one in the 250X. It would mess me up quick.

Now, a slipper clutch on the other hand may help with my tendency to lock up the back end approaching a corner/stop.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:02 am

Bonehead wrote:
After popping the clutch cover off, its obvious that the 250F version I have is not the same as the EFI motor. Called Rekluse and verified. They dont make a unit for the X. Bah!

Sorry dude, a lot of folks here could have told you that the F clutch wouldn't fit the R or X engine. Not the same bike at all.

I am not a fan of auto clutches. One guy I ride with has one on his GasGas250. I only rode it once so i guess I could get used to it, he loves it.
Back to top Go down
Bonehead

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Coop wrote:
Sorry dude, a lot of folks here could have told you that the F clutch wouldn't fit the R or X engine. Not the same bike at all.

I am not a fan of auto clutches. One guy I ride with has one on his GasGas250. I only rode it once so i guess I could get used to it, he loves it.

Yup. I'm not sure what I was thinking. All my 250F moto stuff is still carburated.

The z-pro Rekluse is addicitive. Can still fan the clutch on engine RPM's over 4000. So powering out of corners is no problem. Decellerating with the engine isnt an issue either. It does take quite a bit of time to get used to NOT havign to use the clutch. Hell, you can leave the bike in 5th gear and from a dead stop take off with no problems. You'll eventually trash the disks, but its very forgiving. It made me a better dirt rider for sure! Though like I said, I'm not sure I see the use for a street bike. I could be wrong. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:05 am

I think if I spent more time with one off-road I would get used to and probably love it. Especially in the tight SW Pa single track I ride on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rekluse Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rekluse Clutch   Rekluse Clutch Empty

Back to top Go down

Rekluse Clutch
Page 1 of 1