Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Proof that trout sleep

Go down 
+3
crazy_dave
Delta_T
Heoz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Heoz

Proof that trout sleep Empty
PostSubject: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:15 pm

It appears we have positive proof that trout sleep: Sleeping trout - click me

I that a common... sensation on these bikes?

I'm not going to ask about pins & needles. poser2
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:49 am

poser2 I totally went for that one expecting to see a youtube of a fish taking a little nap.

What a great way to discribe it.
The sensation is pretty common, it is like sitting on a 2x4.

Last edited by Delta_T on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 am

I like the seat on the WR better than my DR650,450EXC and the DRZ.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 am

I really wasn't expecting any responses to the question. I figured there wouldn't be anyone up to it.

Crazy_dave: Just how bad are the seats on those other bikes? On second thought, nevermind. Would probably be TMI. Good to know that it is not limited to only these bikes.

I'm going to go ahead and quote the post for those that were not brave enough to click on the link above.

"I wouldn't try that. This bike makes the trout go to sleep in about 45 minutes. I swear. I have been riding for 35 years and never had this happen on another bike... hands yes but not the trout. The vibration in the seat/tank makes it go totally numb. It is crazy and somewhat disturbing. Makes me feel the need to make sure it is still attached. Other than that, great bike." - posted by "welding rod"

By the time I read that "It is crazy and somewhat disturbing.", I was laughing so much that I was almost in tears.

Just how much fun does a bike have to be for someone to post that and end it by saying "great bike"? If one thinks about it, that's quite an endorcement.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Just get a self-spanking machine and work it daily until your a$$ is numb. After that everything seems normal. :)
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 am

poser2 poser2

I've heard of the saying that one pain can lessen another. Never heard that one sleeping part can make another sleeping part seem normal. There are some things that I'm just not willing to experience and both of those fall into this category. Don't even try to tell me to expand my horizons. :nono:

I guess if you found some truly nasty washboard and rode over it repeatedly you wouldn't need the machine. dunno
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Tis true though. Sometimes I get off the bike and WOAH tis all numb! Starting to wonder if its going to hurt my ability to pro-create.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 pm

oic0 wrote:
Tis true though. Sometimes I get off the bike and WOAH tis all numb! Starting to wonder if its going to hurt my ability to pro-create.

Don't worry! I remember reading an article a few years back about some research about it. Apparently, the scientists even suggested it for the older folks as the rumbling vibrations keeps the trout in errmm, working condition poser2 poser2
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 pm

I've ridden sidesaddle for fun before, but never rode that way to Brokeback Mountain. poser2
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 pm

bigg wrote:
Don't worry! I remember reading an article a few years back about some research about it. Apparently, the scientists even suggested it for the older folks as the rumbling vibrations keeps the trout in errmm, working condition poser2 poser2

Vibrations might keep the trout in working condition. Could be the equivalent to the blue pill for some. But, sleeping trout? I have a doubt! poser2

Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Perhaps this might help? http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/orc/408390645.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proof that trout sleep   Proof that trout sleep Empty

Back to top Go down

Proof that trout sleep
Page 1 of 1