Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Radiator Upgrade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DeadmTrigger

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 am

Does anyone know of a company that makes a better radiator than the stock one?
Back to top Go down
railbird

railbird

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Why do you need a "better" radiator? Are you overheating?
Back to top Go down
DeadmTrigger

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 am

When running the WR around the mountains hard the bike will overheat after it is turned off for a few seconds and turning it back on (temp light on).

The temps will go back down after about 20 seconds of idling while the fan is running. The bike does have a Athena BB kit on it. I'm currently playing with the tune by adding fuel to cool it down.

It just seems I'm maxing out the abilities of the cooling system and would be a peace of mind to have one that's better.
Back to top Go down
railbird

railbird

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Does the temp light come on while riding? The light will come on as a check when the key is first turned on. I know some people have removed the lower black plastic cover as wel as the front ducting fins, but I can't say if it does any good... As long as the fan is not running continually or you are losing a significant amount of coolant you are probably o.k. I'd try Engine Ice, Water Wetter or similar before the expense of re-engineering the cooling system.
Back to top Go down
brendo

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 pm

maybe try a different coolant? like one that's altitude specific? (no idea if that actually exists though)
Back to top Go down
DeadmTrigger

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 am

The light does go off when i'm moving again.

Being so much on the edge of overheating but not truly over heating is making me nervous.

I may swap out the coolant for water + water wetter.

The guys who are going with the stroke kit + BB kit may have more issues.

I know people who has klx250 and drz400 with large BB kits have had overheating issue so I wouldn't be surprised our WR would also have this problem.

Also I do have IMS 3.1 kit but still have all original plastics still on. I will try removing the rear ducting but I would rather not remove the front one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radiator Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiator Upgrade   Radiator Upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiator Upgrade
Page 1 of 1