Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Manual timing chain tensioner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nirvana

nirvana

Manual timing chain tensioner Empty
PostSubject: Manual timing chain tensioner   Manual timing chain tensioner EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 am

Just wondering if anyone on here has used a manual adjuster and if there was a difference in engine noise..I tried the search function to no avail.. scratch

I am starting to notice a little more noise at 10k miles on my 08X and am pretty sure its the chain dunno ..thanks

Last edited by nirvana on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Manual timing chain tensioner   Manual timing chain tensioner EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Mine is making a bunch of racket also.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Manual timing chain tensioner   Manual timing chain tensioner EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:13 pm

I've got one, haven't installed it yet. Mine's been making noises at startup for at least 20k miles, sitting at just under 44k miles total. Didn't make a peep yesterday after it had been sitting for a few weeks (damn rain and buying a car) though. Might finally install it this winter, particularly if I decide to go with a big bore.
Back to top Go down
nirvana

nirvana

PostSubject: Re: Manual timing chain tensioner   Manual timing chain tensioner EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:22 pm

bow Wow 44k..Glad you got your moneys worth..LOL..I think if I were going to tear it down anyway,I would just replace everything and forget about the manual tensioner..I just thought if I could delay taking it apart untill I have some more miles on it with a manual tensioner,,It would give me piece of mind..But if you have that many miles without changing the chain,I might just be a little more paranoid than I thought.. :duh: I do think the manual tensioner would get me more miles out of my chain and guides,if it works..Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manual timing chain tensioner   Manual timing chain tensioner Empty

Back to top Go down

Manual timing chain tensioner
Page 1 of 1