Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Blinkers

Go down 
+7
dirtytrixx400
abchel
mwakey
Chadx
Fargo_Wolf
SheWolf
YamWOW!
11 posters
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 pm

Blinker Mods Here

YamWOW!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:06 am

Hmmm...lessee....Zeta XC flashers on the front, DRC flashers on the back, both amber, without any relay. I don't care if it flashes faster.

Admin
YamWOW!

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: YamWOW's   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 am

Zeta handguards and blinkers.

blinker - Blinkers Christmas08050

Here's a vid of the blinkers in action.

Here's a dirrect link to the vid if you want to watch it full screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYccMBImk0

YamWOW!

Last edited by YamWOW! on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:39 am

Nice job on the blinkers Yam. thumb They sure show up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Zeta handguard blinker durability   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Anyone with the Zeta handguards, with the built in blinkers, have first hand comments on durability? How many dumps, tree branches, etc. will they take before the blinkers are smashed to bits? I'm leaning towards these, but do not plan on being "careful" with them.

Also, I read the mod about controlling the rapid blink that comes with the swap from incandescent bulbs to LED, but just how fast is fast? A fast blinker isn't necessary a bad thing as long as there is still enough time for a human to register it as blinking rather than solid or glimmering. So for those that swapped, approx. how many flashes a second does the non-corrected LED blinkers flash? (or flashers blink depending on how you look at it!)
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Chadx wrote:
Anyone with the Zeta handguards, with the built in blinkers, have first hand comments on durability? How many dumps, tree branches, etc. will they take before the blinkers are smashed to bits? I'm leaning towards these, but do not plan on being "careful" with them.

Also, I read the mod about controlling the rapid blink that comes with the swap from incandescent bulbs to LED, but just how fast is fast? A fast blinker isn't necessary a bad thing as long as there is still enough time for a human to register it as blinking rather than solid or glimmering. So for those that swapped, approx. how many flashes a second does the non-corrected LED blinkers flash? (or flashers blink depending on how you look at it!)

blinker - Blinkers WR3-1

I got this relay from custom LED for $20. It is a direct plug in. http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/FLASHER_RELAY/flasher_relay.htm
Back to top Go down
Chadx

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm

YamWow, it was your LED mod, and compensating harness, that I'd originally read about, so you can probably answer my original question. How fast do the LED blinkers flash if you don't compensate with a higher resistance harness? A fast blinker can actually be easier to spot by the cagers, when compared to a slow 1 blink per second blinker (not sure what the stock R² rate is). But if the LEDs flash at a crazy high rate, then they probably won't register, in peoples minds, as blinkers and then I'll probably follow your lead with the compensating harness.

So, how many blinks per second with LED and no compensating harness?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 pm

I don't have the relay in mine, and the blink rate is 2 per second. So far my lenses haven't been smashed out by branches or knocked out by dropping it, and the handguards are damn near bullet proof.

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:30 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I don't have the relay in mine, and the blink rate is 2 per second. So far my lenses haven't been smashed out by branches or knocked out by dropping it, and the handguards are damn near bullet proof.

Good to know. They look like the backer-bar would take the brunt of a hit and that the LED are tucked back a bit to protect them, but I definitely appreciate the real world input. Of course, I guess nothing is absolute, so a person could also trash the original equipment blinkers, or aftermarket LEDs on stalks, in some scenario as well. I just wanted to ensure those that installed the Zetas, with incorporated blinkers, didn't regret it after a few get offs and ensuing destruction of said LEDs.

Good news on the 2 blinks per second. Sounds like a higher-resistance harness, to simulate the resistance of the original bulbs and slow the blinks, isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:44 pm

I would have got the Zeta guards with the flashers if I had an R². Since I have the X, I wanted a more street bike look in the front. I went with some Harrison Specialties LED's. Harrison Specialties They are a little pricey but very high quality and would even work great on the trail. They are anodized aluminum housings with replaceable LED's. They look clear when off, but they flash amber when on. We are kind of limited as to where to mount blinkers on this bike so I came up with this idea...

blinker - Blinkers FrontSignals_Sideview

blinker - Blinkers FrontSignalsWiring

blinker - Blinkers Front
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:49 pm

Nice looking blinkers, Mark! I bet those suckers are bright though. thumb

mwakey

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Nice looking blinkers, Mark! I bet those suckers are bright though. thumb

Only slightly brighter than the DRC 602's I have on the rear.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:25 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Nice looking blinkers, Mark! I bet those suckers are bright though.

No such thing as too bright of blinkers. When they are on, I want to be SEEN. I guess that is why I always use hand signals, even with my blinkers. Amazing how much better reaction a hand signal gets. I think a big part of it, though, is it's been so long since people learned them or saw them last, that they aren't 100% sure what they mean, so they slow way down and back off because they aren't confident in their interpretation. Hey, whatever gets noticed. Ha!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Ya, I had toyed with the idea of removing the front blinkers just for better looks but after one day of riding the street I put them back on. Some cagers just don't see us no matter how bright your blinkers are or how you signal with your arms. Hell, half the time they don't see my blinker when I'm driving my truck either! Some people should not be allowed on the road..... PERIOD. But until then we all just need to be as careful as possible out there. I only have one rule for driving... drive it (or ride it) like everyone is out to kill you. Defensive driving is your best turn signal.
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 am

Just installed the got relay from custom LED, works great, thanks for the web link
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:56 am

great video YamWOW. blinker - Blinkers 61865

it sold me on the edge tail light set-up. (and the zeta set-up)

blinker - Blinkers Icon_scratch i'm wondering now why i waited so long to change it out. the stock whale tail is one ugly mess. blinker - Blinkers 527254
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:16 am

dirtytrixx400 wrote:
great video YamWOW. blinker - Blinkers 61865

it sold me on the edge tail light set-up. (and the zeta set-up)

blinker - Blinkers Icon_scratch i'm wondering now why i waited so long to change it out. the stock whale tail is one ugly mess. blinker - Blinkers 527254

Just replaced mine a couple of weeks ago. blinker - Blinkers 61865

Edge 2 kit, 602 blinkers in the rear, 601 in the front. Smoke everything blinker - Blinkers 810411
blinker - Blinkers DSC00756-Copy
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 am

blinker - Blinkers 61865 that looks schweeet!
Back to top Go down
Machtig

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Hertz wrote:
blinker - Blinkers 810411
blinker - Blinkers DSC00756-Copy

Might wanna think about replacing that rear tire too Very happy
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 am

whale tail gone blinker - Blinkers 93746

next up is to replace the stock front blinkers

blinker - Blinkers Dirtytrixxwr250r
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Machtig wrote:
Hertz wrote:
blinker - Blinkers 810411

Might wanna think about replacing that rear tire too Very happy

There's been a T63 in my basement for over a month now. The weather here sucks.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 am

I know this is an older trhread, but I didn't want to foul up the forum..

I've cleaned up the whale tail a while ago, but I am not satified with the result.

So I am thinking of going for a DRC Edge tail light. I haven't ordered it yet, but looking at some pictures, I will have to replaces my blinkers too, because they look way too big next to the new tail light.

So I am making uop a list of stuff I will need order. I have easy access to Kimpex, so I'd like to order it there. Shipping, handling etc.. adds up when ordering in the US.

This is my list so far:

1 X DRC Moto led Edge-2 Tail Light Holder (red) D45-18-731

2 X DRC Moto led 602 LED Flasher set (2) D45-60-307 (for the front and back)

1 X DRC Moto led IC relay for DC D45-69-830 (fast blink delete)

Front Flasher Holders (brackets) for front: 9901 (D45-59-901) OR 9902 (D45-59-901) OR 9912 (D45-59-912) <-- Need advice.. ???

Blinker brackets for the back <-- Need advice.. ???

Am I forgetting something?
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Can you see the little buggers on my toy !
blinker - Blinkers E62d3f5cblinker - Blinkers 1099c729
Road legal too.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Well, I went ahead and ordered the stuff I mentioned in my earlier post. There were no replies so I figured aal was good.
The stuff came in yesterday and everything worked out great.

I mounted everything, wired it all up and everything worked. I was all happy.

This morning I woke up with that feeling of shame..... Shog

Yamaha does an excellent job building this bike. Everything is so nicely executed with attention to detail. I realised that I didn't really do a good job. Although everything worked, but I used those universal electric connectors and ended up using duct tape because I could find electrical tape.

So I went back to the shop this morning to redo everything.
I got rid of the connectors, soldered everything and used heat schrink tubing for every individual wire. I then wrapped everything in black tape and tucked it back neatly.

Nobody will see the end result but it feels a lot better to do a good job. I noticed when I took it for a drive that it rides a lot better too. The bike knows... wink

blinker - Blinkers Photo%20wire
blinker - Blinkers Photo%20left
blinker - Blinkers Photo%20back
blinker - Blinkers Photo%20front
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blinker - Blinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blinkers   blinker - Blinkers Empty

Back to top Go down

Blinkers
Page 1 of 1