Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Radiator temperature

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
meirc

Radiator temperature Empty
PostSubject: Radiator temperature   Radiator temperature EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 8:59 am

HI
I installed Trail tech vapor with the temperature sensor (replacing the original speedometer).
Trail tech shows radiator fluid temperature of max 107 Celsius after intensive ride (~225F) is it OK?
Do you know where the temperature indicator on the original speedometer enabled (at what temp)?
The trail tech defaults indicate danger temp from 100 Celsius (212F) do I need to change the defaults or I have real problem?

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Radiator temperature   Radiator temperature EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:17 am

Anti-freeze works the other direction too. It raises the temperature for boiling.

You don't want boiling.

A quick internet search says normal range for internal combustion coolant temps is 195 to 200 F

Make sure you have a good mixture of water and anti-freeze/coolant in your bike.

If you were doing slow trails and tight stuff where there was very limited air-flow through radiator I'd say you're temp was probably about right.

Was your cooling fan on?

I don't know of any way to check coolant temp with stock Yamaha instrument panel.

I do recall one member here posting about hearing the coolant boiling after a ride in high air temps on very slow single-track trails.

I mostly ride on the street so air-flow and cooling issues like this are not much of a problem for me.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: Thanks   Radiator temperature EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:52 am

i use this coolant
should i modify the defaults?

Radiator temperature C:Users\mcohen5\Desktop\motorex
Radiator temperature Motore10
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: By the way my fan works at about 212F (100 deg c)   Radiator temperature EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:54 am

By the way my fan works at about 212F (100 deg c)
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Temp Stickers   Radiator temperature EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 am

I use these temp stickers thanks to Rick Ramsey

http://rickramsey.net/WR250Rmods.htm#tempstickers

Factory Effex temperature stickers in packages of 3 - about $15. Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Bob
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: Can you tell what is your Max Temp?   Radiator temperature EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:44 am

Can you tell what is your max temp?
Back to top Go down
pantera1

PostSubject: Re: Radiator temperature   Radiator temperature EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 pm

meirc wrote:
By the way my fan works at about 212F (100 deg c)

On my FZ1, the fan also comes on at around 212F.
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: Max temp   Radiator temperature EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 am

Max temp at enduro trails 107deg c (224F)
Back to top Go down
pantera1

PostSubject: Re: Radiator temperature   Radiator temperature EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:31 am

The boiling point of a 50/50 mix is 227F. Add 15 psi (pressure in a closed cooling system), the boiling point raises to 265F.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Radiator temperature   Radiator temperature EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm

I also have the Vapor. I get a reading of 92-95C when just doing day to day rides and commutes. When doing slow trails, lots of 2-3 gear, I get 102-106C as a max temp and tend to run about 98-100C as a normal reading. I have seen as high as 109C but that was when my coolant level was low, and the stock temp light came on at this reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator temperature   Radiator temperature Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiator temperature
Page 1 of 1