Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  Empty
PostSubject: CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes    CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 am

Read an interesting article about the competition in the 250cc street bike market , interesting because it mentions Yamaha possibily using the WR250R engine to power a YZF-R 250. Anyway, just sharing for anyone who might be curious.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/10/26/no-quarter-250-battle-heats-up/

CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  2013-2014-Yamaha-YZF-R250

Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes    CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 am

Judging by the license plate holder it could well be haha poser2 poser2 it's one to one taken from the wrr.

mines coming off this weekend wink

also if I were Yamaha, I would bump it up to a 300 cc (or 350cc) like kawasaki did to take full advantage of the new license regulations for the eu

(bumped up from 25kw to 35 kw for new riders for 2 years/ under 21)
Back to top Go down
GBX

GBX

PostSubject: Re: CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes    CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 pm

yamaha often use the same engine in different models of their bikes, but i don't see them being able to use the wr250r/x engines and being able to keep the price cheap too.
The bikes they use the same engines in all seem to be priced around the same too... (xt660 - mt-03)
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes    CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:08 pm

I can't believe the WRR/X engine is really that expensive, after 4 year of sales to amortize the tooling costs. Plus, generating more volume by selling another model with the same basic engine would lower their costs going forward.

The YZF-R250 looks like it would be a sweet ride, and might sell despite being priced at a premium, assuming it is higher-spec than the competition. After-all, the WRR sells despite being way more $ than its competition.

I love the yellow/black/white! Wish My WRR was that scheme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes    CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes  Empty

Back to top Go down

CycleWorld article about 250cc street bikes
Page 1 of 1