Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hand gaurd mounting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

Hand gaurd mounting Empty
PostSubject: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Which is better, mounting it to the bar or tripple tree?

Right now I have the tripple tree and they are bent to hell. Still work great thou. Bought some bar mounts and it is a pain to put on because things are bent but I can. Just doesn't seem as solid as the other way. Then again, I'm afraid of braking those fork pinch bolts in a hard crash so like the idea of bar mounts. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:42 am

With little knowledge inspector I personally think ( & Use ) bar mounts, I've had a few acco's & they haven't damaged anything yet.
Also when it comes to changing levers there basic to loosen & hang down for easy access to the levers.

Luke.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:35 am

I have Ego Barkbuster handguards mounted on the bars. In quite a heavy crash they rotated instead of bending or snaping stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:50 am

inspector wrote:
Which is better, mounting it to the bar or tripple tree?

Right now I have the tripple tree and they are bent to hell. Still work great thou. Bought some bar mounts and it is a pain to put on because things are bent but I can. Just doesn't seem as solid as the other way. Then again, I'm afraid of braking those fork pinch bolts in a hard crash so like the idea of bar mounts. Thoughts?
No bar mounts for me, thanks.

They both provide about the same amount of protection to your hands/controls when you suddenly find yourself doing the meat puppet. However, I think Door Number Two adds a lot of strength to your bars that bar clamps don't.

I also like the idea that they don't take up a bunch of real estate on the bars where I might want to mount other things.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 am

I would have to agree with Jäger... Tripple Tree mounts are much stronger and usually easier to get to fit. If the hand guards are bent, then that means the mounts are doing their job and not rotating. What is bad is when the hand guard rotates into your hand and can cause an injury!

I just ordered the Cycra CRM style which is new but mounts much closer to the bar clamps. I also have a Scotts stabilizer setup comming and will be unable to use the tree mounts for hand guards... Now, where to put that GPS mount....

Hand gaurd mounting Cycrac10

Hand gaurd mounting 1121
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 pm

If/when I switch to wraparound style hand guards, I'll probably get the HDB ones which mount to the handlebar clamps.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

You could always upgrade the fork bolts to a stronger grade, but I think if you're crashing hard enough to break those you're gonna have other issues... like breathing. amazon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand gaurd mounting   Hand gaurd mounting Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand gaurd mounting
Page 1 of 1