Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TexaNate

New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX Empty
PostSubject: New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX   New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 am

Hey all,

I first rented a WR250R last summer from GSMMotoRent in TN - I rode their recommended route through Tail of the Dragon and the nearby dirt roads (fantastic ride!). I loved the bike - it really seemed to fit my body (6'2, 190lbs), my skill level (not very high, but looking to improve) and my ideal maintenance schedule. My only complaint was that the power on the stock bike seemed mellow down low.

A few weeks ago I picked up a 2008 WR250R with less than 5,000mi on the odo (not sure how much less because of the low-speed sprocket) for $3,000. The previous owner included the FMF Power Programmer with the PowerCore 4 exhaust and the PowerBomb header and MAN does this sucker move! It also came with fancy Bikemaster LED mirror-blinkers and a cut-down taillight/rear blinker unit. All across the rev range, this bike has more power than I have skill and the arm-yanking low-end torque has already rescued me from a couple of botched hill climbs!

I'm a pretty terrible enduro rider - while I'm at school in New Jersey I read all the theory (keep your feet on the pegs, keep the throttle pinned, don't look down!) but it's so rare that I get the chance to actually throw a leg over a bike. When I finally get some time off, I don't want to spend it all on frequent valve checks or tipping the bike every which way for oil changes - I love how the mighty WR will always be waiting for me in the garage, ready to ride.

New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX 311176_10151097567791846_1540016914_n
Back to top Go down
SETXWRR

PostSubject: Re: New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX   New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Welcome, I too got bit by the WRR bug! We do a weekly Wednesday night bike night on the south side, in the Clear Lake area, if interested PM me and I'll give you the details.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX   New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am

TexaNate wrote:
Hey all,

A few weeks ago I picked up a 2008 WR250R with less than 5,000mi on the odo (not sure how much less because of the low-speed sprocket) for $3,000. The previous owner included the FMF Power Programmer with the PowerCore 4 exhaust and the PowerBomb header and MAN does this sucker move!

Wow, you got a killer deal on that bike! thumb Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX   New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX Empty

Back to top Go down

New WR250R Owner in Houston, TX
Page 1 of 1