Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Replacement for factory water pump/case guards?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
djkelly368

djkelly368

Replacement for factory water pump/case guards? Empty
PostSubject: Replacement for factory water pump/case guards?   Replacement for factory water pump/case guards? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm planing on getting a new skid plate from Evotech Performance (http://www.evotech-performance.com/yamaha-wr250-r-2008-2013-silver-sump-guard). Has anyone found or know of something to replace the factory plastic water pump and case guards with? I know they make similar aluminum guards for a WR250F but I've had no luck finding on for the R. I'm not really a fan of big, 'all-encompasing' aluminum skid plates due to ugliness and noise issues. I do ride trails and I understand they provide better coverage, but the Evotech one will work just fine for me. I just wish there was something out there to get rid of the plastic guards... :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Replacement for factory water pump/case guards? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacement for factory water pump/case guards?   Replacement for factory water pump/case guards? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:46 pm

I never found a complete, bolt-on, solution.

I got an Acerbis that looked like it would work and built the OEMs into it by using a coping saw.

Voile !

Replacement for factory water pump/case guards? IMG_0004

Replacement for factory water pump/case guards? IMG_0007

I cleaned up the edges with a dremel, smoothing them out around the bends.
Back to top Go down

Replacement for factory water pump/case guards?
Page 1 of 1