Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What size rim locks and good tube MFG.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

What size rim locks and good tube MFG. Empty
PostSubject: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Well the title says it all, What size rimlocks does the wr2 need for front and rear and will someone recommend a tube MFG that they have had good experiance with. (or bad)
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm

I used motion pro lite locks, the wheels are easy to balance with these, the rear is 1.5 oz and the fronts 1 oz, put that much spoke wieght or stick on wieght straight acrossed from them. I put old stick on wieghts on the inside of the rim under the rim strip with lotsa silicone on mine so theres no way they can come off and they're outa sight.
The fronts 1.6 inch.
The rears 2.15 inch.
Theres lots of good tubes all the major brands are fine, aviod thin tubes get a heavy duty one, brands not important tube thickness is.
I've had good luck with every tube I've bought or came in a bike I've bought, I've run kendas, maxxis, bridgestone, irc and vee rubber.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks for the awsome information again Biglake. Exactly what I was looking for. thumb
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 am

And next time I will consider 2 locks on each wheel, to avoid balancing weights altogether....might as well have a lock rather than dead weight, even if overkill.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Ever change a tire with 2 rim locks, it sucks lol.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 pm

bought the promotion litelocks today thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What size rim locks and good tube MFG.   What size rim locks and good tube MFG. Empty

Back to top Go down

What size rim locks and good tube MFG.
Page 1 of 1