Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Easy pull clutch for free.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Biglake

Easy pull clutch for free. Empty
PostSubject: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:41 pm

I been looking/googling different ways to make the clutch pull easier and give a longer friction zone.
The friction zone is more of a issue than the effort required to pull the lever, stock its a hair trigger and hard to feather offroad.
options were...
rsc lever but thats 100 bucks
msr easy pull lever but its a pos
moose easy pull lever its a little better than the msr.
lenghtening the pull arm on the motor (common mod on KLRs) but that reguires pulling the clutch on this bike to remove that lever.
And making the stock lever easy pull by moving the hole the cable goes into, this is what I did.

I removed the clutch lever from the bike and drilled a new hole for the clutch cable in it, start with a small drill bit and work your up to the size of the cable end in a few steps, the alummium is very soft and its easy to screw up.
I drilled the new hole right beside the orginal one, if I did it again I'd move a little further down the lever making it pull even easier.
The clutch pulls a fair bit easier and the friction zone is a little bigger, theres a noticable but not hugh difference.
Heres a blury pic of the bottom of the lever so you can see where I drilled the new hole sorry my camera sucks, this is easy to do it took 10-15 minutes.

[img][/img]Easy pull clutch for free. Clutch15

edit that pics horrible look up yzf426 easy pull clutch on thumpertalk for better pics, thats where i got the info on this mod.
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I tried your search in Thumpertalk but didn't come up with the thread. Any chance of an improved pic?
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Here's one thread I found:

'01 YZ426 Clutch Push Lever

Here's the picture:

Easy pull clutch for free. PICT0003_1

:thumb
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm

But wait, there's more.

In this thread, riders discuss why the mod shown here works or doesn't work:

YZ Clutch Lever Easy pull Mod

Pictures on page 2 and 3.

thumb
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 pm

The pics from that link (where I got the idea to do this) with the drawn in cable routing by the guys who say it wont work are wrong, they have the cable routing totally screwed up ignore them.
The entire end of the clutch lever is slotted for the cable to run through... when you drill a new hole closer to the bars the cable comes out of the lever at a slight angle and into the perch thats all.

Drilling a new hole in the stock lever is basicly turning the stock lever into a msr raptor or moose easy pull lever, they do the exact same thing to lighten clutch pull.

I plan to pick up a replacement lever and drill the new hole even further from the stock hole soon, there isnt enough metal left for a third hole in my lever. I'll take better pics of it when I do, but it might be awhile as this isnt a prority this modded lever works pretty good.

Thanks for finding and posting a better pic ramz. thumb

Back to top Go down
m1tanker

m1tanker

PostSubject: Gonna try something different   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm gonna try out the Magura Generation II Hydraulic Clutch Assembly 0120683 Yamaha WR250R 08-12 that I just bought one off Ebay for $250.

After riding a GS650 with hydraulic clutch I can see a need for it (i'm a little bit older and like an easier ride lol).

I hoped to have it all hooked up by next weekend. I will give you all a heads up on how well it works.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Hydraulic clutches are sweet.
I have a gasgas with one, you can pull it with your pinky finger with ease if you want to.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: thaks for this info   Easy pull clutch for free. EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:18 pm

i did this mod yesterday . i read on tt that the mod can give you 50 percent less effort required to pull the clutch. in my case this is not the case. i would say at best 10percent. i was thinking about the stunt clutch lever has anyone compared this mod with that lever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy pull clutch for free.   Easy pull clutch for free. Empty

Back to top Go down

Easy pull clutch for free.
Page 1 of 1