Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Motarding in the Kootenays

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZED

ZED

Motarding in the Kootenays Empty
PostSubject: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:39 am

Just got back about 2am this morning after a very intense week of motarding in the Kootenays.

We didn't get a chance to contact people in the area since it turned out to be very busy and we were out of cell coverage most of the time.

The trip report is posted at the following link on our web site. It's going to be cross posted on a few boards, so it's an external link. Sorry about that, but here's a few teasers.

http://www.volkswagenhaven.net/KBB-2009.html

Motarding in the Kootenays IMG_0308
Motarding in the Kootenays IMG_0336
Motarding in the Kootenays IMG_0416

Quote from ZED:
"Whew! That would be a tough trail even on a mountain bike!"

Some Things We Learned on Our Summer Holiday:
1. Street tires can get you further than you might think off road.
2. MX boots can save your feet.
5. The difference between a 21" and 17" front wheel off road is significant

Other errata not contained in the trip report:
Overall I was very impressed with the WR250X. We shied away from Mud, but other than that we through everything at it that we could find including steep slopes, rock, gravel, sand, trees, logs, and twisty pavement. It's interesting to note that the roads which I generally consider twisty on a sport bike straighten out on the motard.

I still need to learn to use the rear brake and to do wheelies so I can get that little front wheel over the logs and holes easier.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 am

Great read. Very nice pics.

*maybe one day i will get a camera
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:41 pm

I read the write-up, it was a good read with nice pictures thumb Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Great report.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:18 pm

A nice read nad some great pix! Looked like the chain on the WR was pretty loose though! Any problems with it on the ride?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am

Thanks.

I've got about 4,000km on the new chain and sprockets. No problems.
I try to keep it loose enough that it's not hard on the output shaft when the suspension is under full compression. I think the biggest issue with the chain tension/slippage issues people have is the crappy stock sprockets which don't allow the chain to seat properly.
Back to top Go down
levity

levity

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 pm

nice report thumb thumb

and great photos cheers

gotta get up north some time....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motarding in the Kootenays   Motarding in the Kootenays Empty

Back to top Go down

Motarding in the Kootenays
Page 1 of 1