Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stuck throttle and out of ideas.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mdr

Stuck throttle and out of ideas.  Empty
PostSubject: Stuck throttle and out of ideas.    Stuck throttle and out of ideas.  EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:38 pm

So, I had a very snatchy throttle, searched the forums for the problem and found the throttle position sensor thread. I adjusted the throttle by losening the T25 screws and got my numbers to 18-98. I tightened them back down and the numbers changed, so I losened the screws slightly and tapped on the tps. I then adjusted the idle screw, put everything back together and my throttle is sticking.

I read that tapping the tps could make this happen and I thought I put a bind on it. So I then re-losened the tps to the point of removing it to make sure I didn't have a bind. Throttle is still sticking. I haven't turned the bike on, the throttle is is just sticking when the bike is off and I twist it. I'm now wondering if I did something when I adjusted the idle, as I've completely removed the tps and it's still sticking.

I'm out of ideas. Please help if you can. I don't think a cable got pinched as I didn't do anything to them.
Back to top Go down
mdr

PostSubject: Re: Stuck throttle and out of ideas.    Stuck throttle and out of ideas.  EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

Got it.

First, let me say that while adjusting the tps and the idle, I never at any time touched the handlebars or any cables.

Before I did this adjustment, I was riding the bike daily with no issues.

The reason I'm telling you this is because of how weird the timing of what caused my problem: my throttle grip shifted slightly down the sleeve and dragged on my Cycra hand guards.

When I parked the bike, no drag. When I adjusted the tps and idle, then put everything back together, the grip slipped and there was drag. It's just weird that at no time did I fiddle with any bar adjustment. I just don't get it. Anyway, the problem is solved.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Stuck throttle and out of ideas.    Stuck throttle and out of ideas.  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks for posting the solution to your problem.

Might help somebody else with same problem in future.

Always good to hear a problem has been solved.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Stuck throttle and out of ideas.    Stuck throttle and out of ideas.  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm

good to hear you solved the problem. if I had read your post a bit earlier I might have saved you some trouble. Something similar happened to me with the stuck throttle. Before I put on my handguards, I went for a light fall that broke off my lever, and also moved the throttle a bit (twisted it). maybe it wasn't tightened properly as the bike was still new. anyway loosening the screws for the throttle and re adjusting it was all it took to get it back to normal. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck throttle and out of ideas.    Stuck throttle and out of ideas.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuck throttle and out of ideas.
Page 1 of 1