Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
airfruit

Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? Empty
PostSubject: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm

I was told that the YZ rotors are suppose to have the same bolt pattern as the WR250R (front hub)... however, it seems to be off by a little bit? It almost feel like one was made in metric and one in imperial. The holes do not line up perfectly. I think if I really force it I can get it on there but I rly don't want to do that... Is it really the same pattern or it is just close enough?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Yes, but I don't think all years and models will fit.
I installed an oversize front rotor kit onto my 2008 WR-250R that was intended for a 2003 -2006 YZ-250F.

What you got?
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 am

Are the YZ rotors better?
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 pm

std they are the same performance. the matching fitment allows you to get aftermarket discs instead of paying OEM prices
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:11 am

Nice, I have a set of 17's (warp9) in the mail. This would be a good option if I dont like the rotor that comes with it.
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? Rotorn11

This is how much it is off by... :(

This rotor is suppose to fit on WR-F and YZ-F from like 04 up or something. Apparently YZ's and WR's bolt pattern and spacing hasn't change since forever. For those of you that put YZ rotor on is it perfect? or more like this?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:12 am

Mine fit perfectly.

The rotor you got is from a 2007 YZ-450F.
I'd try one from a YZ-250F a couple of years older, although it probably won't have the wavey-type shape to the outer edge.
Also, I'd confirm this by doing some rotor cross-referencing with aftermarket rotor application listings.
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm

The bolt spacing is off by a mm diameter wise. I measured the old yz hubs. :( Sneaky yamaha. It'll still bolt on just fine but it is off by half a mm radius wise.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Careful. Because the bolt is a flat head, or taper head, 0.020"(0.5mm) off each way will put a lot of stress on the bolts right at there weakest point due to the misalignment. I wouldn't recommend it being as it is the BRAKE for the bike. Tons of stress on it when using a proper fitting rotor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?   Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do YZ rotors really fit on R front hub?
Page 1 of 1