Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Removal of stock header and pipe

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Counselor

Removal of stock header and pipe Empty
PostSubject: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:31 pm

So i've got the stock header off and was yanking on the pipe when i noticed the two wires going into the mid-pipe area.

1. What are these?
2. What do i do with them?

Putting on the powerbomb/q4

please respond as if you are talking to a 34 year old male who struggles to do anything remotely mechanical.
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Counselor

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm

bambo wrote:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6484-exup-exhaust-ultimate-power-valve?highlight=Exup
Do this- https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t627-cheapest-diy-servo-bypass

Ah, ok. I bought the Graves exup bypass. I assume I follow the wires to were they plug in, pull them out and plug in the grave bypass?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Counselor wrote:

Ah, ok. I bought the Graves exup bypass. I assume I follow the wires to were they plug in, pull them out and plug in the grave bypass?

When you remove the servo motor you have to unplug a wiring harness that runs into it. It's as simple as unplugging a vacuum cleaner. The motor goes in the attic and you are left with a dangling harness. Plug the graves bypass into the harness then find a place to tuck it away. There is plenty of space with the motor gone.

The graves thingy just tricks the CPU into thinking the servo motor is still there so you don't throw error codes.
Back to top Go down
Counselor

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

gatorfan wrote:
Counselor wrote:

When you remove the servo motor you have to unplug a wiring harness that runs into it. It's as simple as unplugging a vacuum cleaner. The motor goes in the attic and you are left with a dangling harness. Plug the graves bypass into the harness then find a place to tuck it away. There is plenty of space with the motor gone.

The graves thingy just tricks the CPU into thinking the servo motor is still there so you don't throw error codes.

I figured it all out.

Last couple of questions.

1. Is everyone using the contact cleaner where the header meets the engine?
2. Are you using high temp silicone on the header connection to the engine?
3. Are you using high temp silicone on the header/pipe connection?
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 pm

No.
Yes
3. Are you using high temp silicone on the header/pipe connection?"
Yes
Back to top Go down
Counselor

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 am

TwilightZone wrote:
No.
Yes
3. Are you using high temp silicone on the header/pipe connection?"
Yes

Thank you for your help (and to the others as well).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removal of stock header and pipe   Removal of stock header and pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

Removal of stock header and pipe
Page 1 of 1