Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sar649

New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) Empty
PostSubject: New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)   New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:20 am

I started riding dirt bikes at the age of 9 up until I was about 16. Got the street bike bug and had a Ninja 250 followed by a Triumph Street Triple (loved that bike). Sold the Street Triple when I got married and had a baby on the way. 2yrs later, I've found the perfect dual sport bike for me!

I'm loving this bike, but haven't quite got the offroad confidence I'd like to. Since I bought new, I'm too uptight about keeping it clean and pristine, but that'll wear off soon I hope. The WR250R seems a little heavy for me for off road, but that's likely because my dirt bikes were motocross bikes.

I'm 5'9 30' inseam and 145lbs. The WR felt a bit intimidating at stock height, but since doing the factory lowering and shaving my seat down, I feel fine about riding off road now (except for the weight).

Hopefully I'll get out trail riding more and build up some confidence with time on the bike.

Been reading the forums for a while, but just now needed to start asking questions of my own. Glad to have such a great resource with friendly and knowledgeable members!
Back to top Go down
marleymouse

PostSubject: Re: New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)   New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Good day you have made a good choice..i must say the WRR is a very tall bike & at 5-9" you are always going to suffer a bit i,m 6ft & find it fine apart from trying to paddle it backwards off road.
Its always going to feel heavy compared to a proper dirt bike but when you start pushing on the weight seems to disappear i think you just need time on the bike dont worry about getting it dirty its what it was made for thumb
Back to top Go down
34wrc

PostSubject: Re: New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)   New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:42 pm

I used to be like that, wanting to keep it clean and pristine. Did that with my WR250X but figure the R is made for the dirt so just gonna get out there and get into it. Might get a pressure cleaner..lol..

The bike is really tall, even for me at 6'2" but I like the ground clearance. Yamaha does do a lowering link that might make it a bit more comfortable for you but I ready that's only 1 inch lower, this one makes it almost 2 -

http://soloracer.com/yamalink.html
Back to top Go down
Sar649

PostSubject: Re: New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)   New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 2:53 am

Yeah I agree with ya, didnt want to lose any ground clearance. I did the rear shock stock adjustment and shaved down the seat and I feel pretty comfortable on it now. I also just ordered the seat concepts low seat. I'm happy with the job I did on the stock seat, it's certainly more comfortable than before, but I heard the seat concepts are so much better, I couldn't pass it up. Most of my riding buddies are on dirt bikes, so ill be getting her dirty soon. First time I got the bike muddy, I hurried home and washed it cleaner than when it was on the showroom floor!
Back to top Go down
34wrc

PostSubject: Re: New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)   New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Yeh mine has dirt on it from a short cut I took on the ride home from picking it up.

Am resisting the urge to wash it so it get used to it being dirty..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)   New owner of 2012 250R!  (Southeast) Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner of 2012 250R! (Southeast)
Page 1 of 1