Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skithis

Just Did my third oil change...oil leak! Empty
PostSubject: Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!   Just Did my third oil change...oil leak! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm

Just did my third oil change w/ Yamaha 10/40 and an OEM filter.  However, I did not get new o rings.  Torqued the cover on with a recently calibrated torque wrench and after riding about 5 minutes I had a leak out the bottom of the filter cover.  Removed the cover, went down to the dealer and got 2 new orings.  Reinstalled and retorqued w/ new orings.  Leak is better but still leaking.  Has there been any issue with these covers warping?  Does the O ring look a bit too thin to anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!   Just Did my third oil change...oil leak! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 pm

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2175-oil-leak-bottom-of-oil-filter-cover

A thread I just found on the issue.  I'm going to ride it longer and check it again.  Maybe its just residual.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!   Just Did my third oil change...oil leak! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:10 am

By "leak" do you mean just a drop or two? 

Or is there a small puddle forming under bike? 

A drop or two, or maybe three, after an oil change is extremely normal.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!   Just Did my third oil change...oil leak! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 am

It more than likely is just residual oil that will need to be wiped away a few times.
Just don't try to "fix" it by tightening those bolts more than they're supposed to be:

Snap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!   Just Did my third oil change...oil leak! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Did my third oil change...oil leak!
Page 1 of 1