Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Turn signals and headlight out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wapner

Turn signals and headlight out  Empty
PostSubject: Turn signals and headlight out    Turn signals and headlight out  EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:55 am

So last weekend I was taking part in a 500 mile mostly offroad ride and one the first day I accidentally kicked off one of my rear signal lights and didn't put it back in so it was partially melted when I arrived at the hotel for the night but was still working fine.  On the last half of the last day I noticed that my turn signals stopped working.  No big deal I thought, most likely just a fuse. Our ride finished in St. George Utah where the temperatures were 113 very hot and I had s short stretch of freeway and for about 10 seconds the temperature light kicked on so I slowed down a little and it went off.  

After I got home I checked the fuse for the turn signals and it looked fine but just to be sure I swapped the 10 amp fuse with the spare and still no signal light.   Hmmmmn not sure what to check next.  Then yesterday my son and I went on a 2-3 hour ride doing some roads and single track when he pointed out to me that my headlight wasn't working either.  So at this point what should I be looking for?  I haven't checked the fuse for the headlight yet but will be doing so this morning.  As a side note I wired up my GPS and a heated clothing lead a few weeks ago, I was very careful not to run the wires where they could short but that is always a possibility. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
wapner

Turn signals and headlight out  Empty
PostSubject: Found the problem   Turn signals and headlight out  EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:57 pm

I pulled open the fuses again this morning just to look at what was going on with the headlight and the 15 amp fuse for the headlights was blown. I replaced that one and magically my turn signals started to work again. wings  It appears that if the headlight is out the blinkers won't work either. Hopefully this will spare someone scratching their heads for a bit. At first I thought only my blinkers were out so I didn't check the headlight fuse.
Back to top Go down

Turn signals and headlight out
Page 1 of 1