Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Top Speed question

Go down 
+3
rico2wheels
motokid
Bumblebee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:31 pm

This morning after work returning home, nobody on the roads, another hot and humid day coming up here in Montreal, said to myself that it was time to find out the top speed of my new wrr 2013. No wind, flapper mod, spark arrestor out, speedoDRD install..........Top Speed: 130 km/h (80mph) i'm 155 pound. My question is, is this top speed seems normal to you guys???

Thanks
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 pm

What gearing?

Mine tops out at 84-85 mph with 13/48 gearing.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Gearing stock 13-43
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Something's not right then.

You should be hitting 90 mph -ish.

Are you sure your speedoDrD is adjusted correctly?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Maybe thats the problem, I checked my speed with a radar installed in the street, maybe the radar was not well calibrated. I'll check again with a GPS.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
rico2wheels

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Stock Gearing per GPS (speedo is way off, like most Japanese bikes, optimistic about 7 MPH) 94MPH at 2000ft altitude....Rico
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:57 pm

when i drag race mine, im getting clocked at 93mph and the bike spedo read 160km/h on stock gearing.
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Cant wait to test it with a GPS!!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:44 am

You could just disconnect the SpeedoDRD and make a run. dunno 

You should see about 100-105 mph (160-169 kph) with everything stock.

(stock unit reads about 7-10% higher than actual mph)

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Went for a ride today, with a GPS, my speedo with speedodrd install was right on the target, didn't go top speed, will do that tonight!!! So i guess the bike has a problem???
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Make sure you're banging redline (rev limiter) in last few gears before hitting 6th gear.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 am

Just got back from a ride, took it to top speed, banging redline (rev limiter) in last few gears before hitting 6th gear like Motokid suggest: GPS indicated 137 kph (85 mph), speedo indicated 133 kph (82 mph), speedo is a little bit off in top speed, but my top speed still ins't enough!!!! I sold my FZ1 to buy this bike, i didn't buy this bike for top speed i knew that it wasn't a highway beast, i did my research before buying this bike and when i saw that guys were doing 90 mph whit this little 250cc i said, i can live with that, it's not that bad but now i dont know what to think!!!!
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:24 am

^^ The top speed that you have listed above will be about right if you are still sitting in a "normal" riding position. My bike won't climb much above 130~135k either when sitting upright - but if i lay over the tank i can see 140~145k pretty much anytime. ( Of course you can drop about 10k's off the top if you have even the slightest head wind ). My bike is the WRR version.

My speedo is 12'oclock Lab corrected - dialed in with acurate GPS. Current gearing is 14/45. ( So equal to about 13/42 - therefore it's slightly taller than the stock WRR ).

Also i have Megabomb header & GYTR rear muffler + FMF programmer. But even in stock trim 140k was do-able by laying on the tank. ( Air flapper was dis-abled almost from day one on my bike ).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:18 am

Bumblebee wrote:
i didn't buy this bike for top speed

Bumblebee wrote:
but my top speed still ins't enough!!!!  

Well....which is it?

Do you NEED to go faster than 85 mph?

Edit to add: Is your bike pretty much brand new? Like not truly "broken in" yet?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
flydnb

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:51 am

I got 104 mph with my head down with a slight downhill, my bike is completely stock.
Back to top Go down
F9Phoenix

F9Phoenix

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:46 am

Bumblebee wrote:
... my top speed still ins't enough!!!! I sold my FZ1 to buy this bike, i didn't buy this bike for top speed i knew that it wasn't a highway beast, i did my research before buying this bike and when i saw that guys were doing 90 mph whit this little 250cc i said, i can live with that, it's not that bad but now i dont know what to think!!!!

I kinda know how you feel. I moved from a Ninja 650 to a 2013 WR250R. It's not about top speed, it's about what you can do with the bike. You won't get that same thrill of going uber fast, but you'll experience new kinds of excitement that the bike brings. For me, it was a good trade off. I have far better experiences and much more fun with the WR -- even on the pavement.
Back to top Go down
Bumblebee

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks a lot guys for your reply, very good advice, love this forum!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top Speed question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Speed question   Top Speed question Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Speed question
Page 1 of 1