Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Flickering brake light (switch related?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
duelist13

Flickering brake light (switch related?) Empty
PostSubject: Flickering brake light (switch related?)   Flickering brake light (switch related?) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:55 am

Hey guys,

My brake lights been going from on/off flickering to full on "stuck-on" without touching the brake lever at a standstill. My buddies tell me the brake light flickers on and off when they're riding behind me (safety issue, I reckon!). I pulled the front brake light switch and noticed the little plastic tabs seem a little more bent than I expected (like they had been bent out like little wings). I pushed them back flush with the body and clipped the assembly back in the barrel (I heard a little "click", which I assume are the wings sliding into position). I tried to pulling on the switch gently and couldn't, so I assume it's clipped in properly. The problem disappeared for half a day then came right back!

Should I just order a new switch assembly or what? The previous owner clearly crashed on the brake lever/master cylinder assembly (scoring and scratching all over the unit), and I'm wondering if something could have been knocked out of alignment that would cause the brakes to not work properly. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Flickering brake light (switch related?)   Flickering brake light (switch related?) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:22 am

what about the foot brake switch might be adjusted to much

cheers smitty
Back to top Go down
duelist13

PostSubject: Re: Flickering brake light (switch related?)   Flickering brake light (switch related?) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Hmm checked the foot brake-- I'm about almost sure it's not the issue.
Back to top Go down
bluzharp

PostSubject: Re: Flickering brake light (switch related?)   Flickering brake light (switch related?) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:49 pm

I was able to fix mine by flipping the switch over so the other tab engages the locking hole. It's a close tolerance fit. My bike had been dumped by the PO and he may have put an aftermarket lever on. If mine starts messing up again, I'll put a stock lever on and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
duelist13

PostSubject: Re: Flickering brake light (switch related?)   Flickering brake light (switch related?) EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:02 am

I tried that too-- it gets better if I do that, but it comes back all over again at some point-- I have ASV F1 aftermarket levers and I'm beginning to think they're not quite pushing up far enough on the switch. I might try molding on a little JB putty to see if it will engage the switch in a more positive way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flickering brake light (switch related?)   Flickering brake light (switch related?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Flickering brake light (switch related?)
Page 1 of 1