Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Adding fork oil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rideblue

rideblue

Adding fork oil Empty
PostSubject: Adding fork oil   Adding fork oil EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 9:44 pm

I have a 2012 R'2 and the right fork is leaking just a little bit the local dealer will fix it but5 I have a ride to go on before I can get it in the shop. He tells me I can add oil to it ( 10 wt ) and that all I need to do is compress the fork and back off the center cap . has anybody done this before ? thanks in advance...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Adding fork oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding fork oil   Adding fork oil EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:12 pm

The bike comes stock with oil that is 5wt, so unless the internals have been modified to run a 10wt, I wouldn't use 10wt.

Sure, you can add oil that way (it's even easier through the air bleed screw via a small syringe or needle), but the thing is, how do you know how much to add?
Back to top Go down
rideblue

rideblue

Adding fork oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding fork oil   Adding fork oil EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:59 am

I will check with them again on the weight and i don't think I will need to ad more than an ounce or two for now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adding fork oil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding fork oil   Adding fork oil Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding fork oil
Page 1 of 1