Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch part numbers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dulinor

Clutch part numbers? Empty
PostSubject: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 am

I just moved and don't have a nearby Yamaha dealer any longer. I'm about 85% sure that I fried my clutch last weekend (trying to wheelie over some lava rocks. Don't judge me!) Bike died about 100 ft from camp on my last day of riding so I just punted on nailing it down then and there. (Clutch feel got weird for about a day - tougher to engage - now the bike won't go into gear at all.)

So, I want to get in there and replace the clutch but looking at BikeBandit (a typical source of OEM parts for me for my other bikes) I can't quite nail down which parts I need. There are some 3rd party kits that look reasonable, but unless it's an upgrade I'd rather stay with Yamaha.

Happy to get the "most likely" parts so I have a decent shot of doing the work with one go. Suggestions welcome, also a good dealer who would be able to do this on the phone would be great. (Near Atlanta, GA a plus)

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Here are the part numbers and quantities to repair a typical fried clutch:

Qty. 7, part number 3XJ-16321-00-00 (friction plates)
Qty. 6, part number 3XJ-16324-01-00 (steel plates)
Qty. 5, part number 90501-23391-00 (springs)
Qty. 1, part number 3D7-15453-00-00 (cover gasket)

I'd also change the engine oil because a fried clutch pollutes it and makes it stink.
Back to top Go down
dulinor

PostSubject: Re: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Awesome. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:30 am

also if you are planning to do the work yourself, take a look at kalani's vid

very well explained. if you have the tools it doesn't look like a too complicated job thumb 
Back to top Go down
5teN

PostSubject: Re: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 am

Just out of curiosity, what was the total cost for those clutch parts?

Cheers,
Spencer
Back to top Go down
dulinor

PostSubject: Re: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 5:42 pm

About $180 from Bike Bandit (I had some rewards points there already so I paid a little less.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch part numbers?   Clutch part numbers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch part numbers?
Page 1 of 1