Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what pressure for my mt21's tires ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nahoj

nahoj

what pressure for my mt21's tires ? Empty
PostSubject: what pressure for my mt21's tires ?   what pressure for my mt21's tires ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:23 am

the french manual says 1.25 kg front and 1.75 kg rear, for a mixt use.

But for a dirt use, a enduro use, i would put 1.5 kg or less 1.00 kg.

what do you think about this?

thanks

nahoj from france
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: MT21 Tire Pressure   what pressure for my mt21's tires ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:31 am

nahoj,

I'm running an MT21 on the front (MT 43 on rear), I comfortably air down to 14-16 PSI (0.98 to 1.12kg) for aggressive off road riding so your are in the right range. FWIW I run the MT43 at about 10-12 PSI (0.7 to 0.84kg) off road.

The one issue that I run into is aggressive and non linear wear of the center knobs when I'm running low pressure and riding on the street. I don't trailer my bike anywhere so getting to the trails always means some amount of road riding - I'm trying to get in the habit of airing up for the tarmac, down when I hit the dirt then hand pumping back up for the ride home.

Good luck and have fun!

Joe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what pressure for my mt21's tires ?   what pressure for my mt21's tires ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 am

Depends on whether you have rim locks. Without rim locks, I always stay above 15 psi, which works well for pavement and mixed use. With rim locks, I run 8 to 12 psi for dirt and they still work OK on pavement.
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: MT21 Tire Pressure and Rimlocks   what pressure for my mt21's tires ? EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Yes, dhally makes a great point! I forgot to mention that I'm using rim locks front and rear and agree that going too low without them would not be wise thumb 
Back to top Go down
nahoj

nahoj

PostSubject: Re: what pressure for my mt21's tires ?   what pressure for my mt21's tires ? EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:53 am

thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what pressure for my mt21's tires ?   what pressure for my mt21's tires ? Empty

Back to top Go down

what pressure for my mt21's tires ?
Page 1 of 1