Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Green_Rider

yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals? Empty
PostSubject: yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?   yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:16 am

I have 2012 wr250r, with 4 led turn signals. stock brake worked fine, I put a new relay to make all signals work too. Then I bought yoshimurs brake and bracket, it just stays on brake, no running light. I bought another cheap eBay light after they told me they won't help at all if my bike isn't stock. The eBay light does the same thing... thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?   yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Green_Rider wrote:
I have 2012 wr250r, with 4 led turn signals. stock brake worked fine, I put a new relay to make all signals work too. Then I bought yoshimurs brake and bracket, it just stays on brake, no running light. I bought another cheap eBay light after they told me they won't help at all if my bike isn't stock. The eBay light does the same thing... thanks in advance

Couple of questions.

How many bulbs in stock light, and how many in the other lights?

Does one bulb do both brake and running light, or are there separate bulbs?

Which then leads to the questions of how the connections were made with the wires?
Any left over wires?

Did the stock tail light work fine with the "new relay"?
Is there any reason to think the new relay installation might be the issue?

Lots of us here have ditched the stock tail light stuff without issue.

Many went with this: http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/drc-edge-tail-light-kitwr250rx/26

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Green_Rider

PostSubject: Re: yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?   yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 pm

looks like 18 big ones in the stock light, and 28 in eBay light, which is the same as the yoshimura.
they all do both of the jobs, they just have two levels of brightness, on the stock one .
wires are all connected good, there wasn't any questions there, theres only three, so no leftover
yes the stock brake light works with the chinese drc relay
is there anybody else with all four little turn signals though?
I emailed baja designs and they said their 64$ dollar light would work, but I don't know what to think
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?   yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals? EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 5:29 am

So, are you sure the wires are connected properly? All your fuses are good?

You say the brake light works, but there's no difference between the brightness of the running light condition and the brake light condition?

Is it possible you have two wires switched and the running lights are currently on the brightest (brake light) setting?

Do you still have the stock tail light? I know it sounds like a pain in the ass, but could you reconnect the stock tail light and see if the stock light still works properly? That way you rule out a wiring issue or possible fuse issue and pinpoint it with the after market light. Then, it's either the wires on the aftermarket light need to be switched around, or you got a bad light.

I don't see how the turn signals would have any effect on the tail light.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?   yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals? Empty

Back to top Go down

yoshimura brake light only works with stock signals?
Page 1 of 1