Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dallard2

gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... Empty
PostSubject: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:55 pm

All right i went for an enduro track day today, everything worked perfect all day long. At the end of the day i dropped the bike i a not too big mud hole. Got it back up and continue to ride. I actually rode it for an hour or so after that with no problem at all.

We took a brake, went for a couple wheelie shots in the parking. I turned off the bike, had some beers and then it happened.

The screen, back lights, headlight, wont work. It wont turn over if i hit the starter.

What works
Fuel pump primes and flashers work.

I did not see any blown fuses. Battery is fully charged.

Dont know where to look at all
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:56 am

Did any parts of the bike end up submerged in water, mud, or other slop?
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:43 am

Yes, i think the left side went into the mud a bit. The fuse box after inspection has quite a bit of corrosion in it and was a bit wet. Not sure if its because of the pressure wash or mud. There was some mud also where the relays are and even where the ecu is. But the ecu connector was bone dry.
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:44 am

The bike was not submerged in the mud. It was not deep.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:51 am

Have you tried to "clear" the system by disconnecting the battery for a period of time ? ( Re-set ).
Easy and simple to do so it may be worth a go.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 am

Yes i did let it sit all night with the battery unplugged.

I took the radiator off to have a look at the connectors. There is mud in about all of them. Water seems to have found her way to the fusebox also. There is mud / water everywhere. You can tell we had a blast yesterday lol

I guess ill start by soaking the fusebox in some product to take all the corrosion off of it and will do so with all connectors. Clean grounds and start from there. Actually yesterday night, when i turned the key i could see the instrument panel turn on very lightly. Not at a point i could see any numbers, but when i would press the starter button it would turn completely off. Just like it would do if the battery was almost dead. BUT it was fully charged.. i could prime the fuel pump and have the flashers work 100%. Starting to think it might be a bad ground
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 am

I also put another known good battery. Did not change anything
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:17 pm

If I remember correctly, I think some people have had issues when the starter button itself has gotten wet and developed some grounding issues with corrosion/rust.

Did your right side handlebar switches submerge in water/mud?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:18 pm

and typically.....most people keep their motorcycle FAR FAR away from pressure washers....

A standard hose is more than good enough.

Pressure washers can force water into places it shouldn't go.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:18 pm

I did use a pressure washer. I will open the kill switch to see whats up in there as well as the ignition switch.

Is it normal that i see only 10.4v on the fuse #3? The one that says sapre somethinh?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Take all the electical connections apart that are dirty/wet and clean them with contact/brake cleaner leave them apart untill they are dry then put dilectic grease in them and plug them back in.

One of them that goes to the dash isnt making contact but I have no idea which one powers the dash.
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Fixed! It was the 10a fuse for the flashers. Not sure if they are well labeled in the fuse box, but my flashers would work and it was burned... good lord im happy. And it made me clean all the connections and a big disaseemble / clean up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...   gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes... Empty

Back to top Go down

gauges, lights, not working + no start. pump primes...
Page 1 of 1