Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Quick question about a noise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Braaap Hooligan

Quick question about a noise Empty
PostSubject: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 pm

When I'm wheeling and start getting to the higher rpms, I start to hear this noise that sounds like a high pitch whistle.
What could it be is it normal?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Cant say I here a whistle on my bike. Are there any intake mods?
Back to top Go down
Braaap Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:34 pm

No intake mods I thought it might be that and ive only heard it when in a wheelie...
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Ah that explains it, the bike is screaming with joy of only having one wheel on the ground.
Back to top Go down
rocketjump

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:19 pm

It's probably just wind hitting a certain part of your bike in a certain way. When I ride my sportbike, my Shoei makes a whistling noise. The same helmet doesn't make the noise when I ride the WR, so I can only assume it has to do with different body position and air flow around the bikes.

Does it sound like it could be wind? These bikes are not exactly aerodynamic.
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

probably just the wind and the change in angle that your head is at once the front wheel is in the air, keep up the wheelies btw.
Back to top Go down
Braaap Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:13 pm

It is definitly not noise on my helmet but could be from the diffrent angle to the intake.... this is why i was asking to see if it was common because if it was intake others would have the same noise.

GAHHHH 
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 pm

could be a number of things to be honest but if the performance is ok just ride it, these bikes make all sorts of noises and sound very metallic but its normal just ride and keep doing those wheelies.
Back to top Go down
rocketjump

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Braaap Hooligan wrote:
It is definitly not noise on my helmet but could be from the diffrent angle to the intake.... this is why i was asking to see if it was common because if it was intake others would have the same noise.

GAHHHH 
Yeah I was not suggesting it's your helmet, but just pointing out that even small edges can create a lot of noise at the right angle and speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question about a noise   Quick question about a noise Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick question about a noise
Page 1 of 1