Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Shock Rebound Adjuster?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
avc8130

Shock Rebound Adjuster? Empty
PostSubject: Shock Rebound Adjuster?   Shock Rebound Adjuster? EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 11:10 pm

My shock rebound adjuster doesn't "click" so I pulled the shock apart to try to see what was going on.

I found the rebound needle was stuck in the seat. I got it free but the metering rod doesn't push down onto the dowel pin that is supposed to make the clicking adjustment.

Has anyone else played with this before? I'm not sure what is supposed to keep the needle/metering rod down onto the adjuster.

ac
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Shock Rebound Adjuster?   Shock Rebound Adjuster? EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:56 pm

The charge/presure in the shock pushes that down so it clicks.

A none clicking rebound adjuster is a dead give away the shock has lost it charge.
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Shock Rebound Adjuster?   Shock Rebound Adjuster? EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Biglake wrote:
The charge/presure in the shock pushes that down so it clicks.

A none clicking rebound adjuster is a dead give away the shock has lost it charge.

That makes sense. I also had no rebound damping to speak of before I took the shock apart.

Why would the shock have lost pressure? I did have the sounds of rushing nitrogen when I poked the fill port with the needle.

ac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock Rebound Adjuster?   Shock Rebound Adjuster? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shock Rebound Adjuster?
Page 1 of 1