Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

gold valve shock question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bronciii

gold valve shock question Empty
PostSubject: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 am

Im getting ready to install race tech's gold valve in my wrr shock but they had a few
problems getting my shim stack info. They ones I got from their dvs when I entered my
rider data wasnt even listed in the charts that came with the valve. After a couple days of phone tag I finally got what they said was the correct ones to use. They stated the issue was something about their charts needing updated.  GAHHHH 

My question is has anybody else here had this happen? and does anybody know what their
shim stack was they used. I know they will most likely be different from mine but im curious as to see the differences between them.

Mine was for a 200lbs rider, oversize tank, B rider, enduro trails

Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I have a gold valve kit and im running...

low speed compression cl71
high speed compression ch66

low speed rebound rl68
high speed rebound rh70

If you have the chart you will know what these mean.

Im 245lbs and intered myself as a agressive expert in their system(im not that fast lol) as I wanted a stiffer setup.

My rebounds a touch light and the compressions a touch stiff tho.

I run the compression adjuster all the way out and the rebound 5 clicks out, it works great like this but I want the adjusters closer to the middle so I can adjust it for different rides.

Im going to add some rebound and remove some hs compression at some point.
Back to top Go down
v-tec

PostSubject: Re: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 2:05 pm

I have the gold valves in my forks and rear shock, and the upgraded seal head, best money that ive ever spent on this bike, anyway these are my settings, and i must say that i am Very happy with them,

Low speed comp CL69
High speed comp CH63

Low speed Rebound RL67
High speed Rebound RH68

Nitrogen 170 psi

Im 175 lbs and ride hard

Static sag 32 MM
Race sag 90MM
When my mates ride it (who all ride propper enduro bikes they all comment on how well planted it feels)

Merry christmas
V-tec
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Great info guys!

What about the fork stacks?

Does Racetech offer the upgraded seal head? They didn't mention it when I was talking to them about revalve options...

ac
Back to top Go down
v-tec

PostSubject: Re: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 5:55 pm

OK Here goes,
Rear shock seal head =PART NUMBER SSSH 4614 46X14mm SHOWA
Seal head bullet tool for sliping new seal over shock shaft= PART NUMBER TSSB 14

Fork gold valves= PART NUMBER FMGV 2040 NV

My settings for forks shim stacks
CL6-CH5
oil level 120mm
oil 5WT amsoil

Hope this helps

2 Hours to happy new year

V-tec
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Too bad Racetech doesn't have the instructions for the WR forks or shock online that I can find. Really want to see what I'm getting myself into...

ac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gold valve shock question   gold valve shock question Empty

Back to top Go down

gold valve shock question
Page 1 of 1