Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hypercoil shock springs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4play

4play

Hypercoil shock springs Empty
PostSubject: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Just an FYI Hypercoil springs are available in 8" x 2.5" in various spring rates for ~$74 shipped. You'll still need the Racetech spacers but it'll save you $45 on the spring,
Part # is HYP1808B plus the last four digits would be your spring rate in lbs for example a 9.4 KG spring would be their 525lb spring so the part # would be HYP1808B0525.

Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Follow up, I installed the spring, set the sag correctly & I'm very happy with the improvement.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:20 pm

How heavy are you?

Im 245lbs, I tried the same rate eibach spring and found it too stiff.

I had the preload backed off all the way you could wiggle the spring lol and it still only had 3 3/4 inches of total sag plus felt stiff as hell.

Im happy with the stocker on my revalved shock.

I will only use this spring if I load the bike up for a long trip, it would work great with a load on the rear rack.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 pm

We must be doing something very different, I'm 240 and the race sag set at 3.375"
It's near perfect. Plush but improved bottoming resistance. Mine has been revalved by Future Shox and was just too soft with the stock spring
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

I was trying to get 4 inches of sag, thats what I like best.

You have 3 3/8 thats not enough for me, it makes the front end twitchy in sand and ruts.

Our valving is probley quite diferent, I have a race tech gold valve kit set up for a fast guy in the woods, its pretty stiff valving.

I've never bottomed the shock out yet its plenty stiff with the stock spring and this valving, I jump it often as I race scrambles and they include mx tracks 1/2 the time.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm

The Eibach spring must've been different, did it use spacers or was it a longer direct fit? Racetech calls for a 2.5 x 8" spring & their spacers. With the Hypercoil & the RT spacers I had to crank up quite a ways to achieve 3.375" sag. I ride a lot of rocks & sand, the bike feels very stable with the sag set to the normal 1/3. I ride rocks, sand & whoops & the stock spring even revalved would not handle the valley or G out of a creek or v wash crossing. This spring works much better not having too much unloaded preload like I did with the stock spring trying to get a reasonable race sag.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:34 am

The eibach spring came from race tech with their spacers, its shorter and wider than the stock spring, same as the hypercoil.

It even has 525 as the last 3 didgits of the part # on its so its the same rate.

My shock is valved very stiff and doesnt need as much spring, thats whats different between our bikes.

With the stock valving and stock spring I bottomed out all the time it was very soft.

I put the stiffer spring on with the stock valving for a ride, it was better on compression and worked better than stock but the rebound was crazy fast.

If the shock had a ton of rebound added and a only a little compression with the revalve the stiffer spring would be great, my revalve added a ton of compresion too so I need a softer spring than most.

Im going to stop recommending rear spring rates as my shock is valved alot different than most and works best with a softer spring.
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Any thoughts on whether a 2.25" diameter spring would fit?

ac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypercoil shock springs   Hypercoil shock springs Empty

Back to top Go down

Hypercoil shock springs
Page 1 of 1