Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hola from Colorado Springs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phroenips

Hola from Colorado Springs Empty
PostSubject: Hola from Colorado Springs   Hola from Colorado Springs EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Still a ways out from purchasing, but looking to get a dual-sport to complement my FJR.

*waves* Hi
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hola from Colorado Springs   Hola from Colorado Springs EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:49 pm

*waves back* Welcome to the pack! Hola from Colorado Springs 61865 Feel free to ask questions but be forewarned that once you start the other bikes out there will pale in comparison. We all love this little bike. Hola from Colorado Springs 619190

PostSubject: Re: Hola from Colorado Springs   Hola from Colorado Springs EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:01 pm

SheWolf wrote:
*waves back* Welcome to the pack! Hola from Colorado Springs 61865 Feel free to ask questions but be forewarned that once you start the other bikes out there will pale in comparison. We all love this little bike. Hola from Colorado Springs 619190

Yeah, I started quite the progression to get to the WRR. I originally thought I would replace my FJR with an R1200GS (Adventure). Then I realized for the same money, I could *KEEP* my beloved FJR and get an F800GS or something.

That was still too expensive, so it progressed to a V-Strom 1000 (heavy, and probably too much torque in the dirt) to a V-Strom 650 (still heavy) to a DR-Z400 (not enough top speed for the highway) to the DR650 (heavy still, and fuel injection sure would be nice) and finally to the WRR. Hola from Colorado Springs 61865

Haven't ridden one yet, but looked at one at the dealer. I knew I was on the right track when I was able to move the bike from the back end so that I could get it away from the bike next to it and sit on it (they have them packed in there really tight). I'd laugh at anyone that tried to do that to my 650lb FJR.

Need to save up some more money, then test ride to make sure it's what I want.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hola from Colorado Springs   Hola from Colorado Springs EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:19 pm

I wonder if there's someone on here who's close to you who'd let you try theirs out? Some Yammi dealers don't let you test ride unless they've got a demo day going...at least up this way it seems that's how they work it. Hola from Colorado Springs 724854

PostSubject: Re: Hola from Colorado Springs   Hola from Colorado Springs EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:26 pm

We have two Yammi dealers in town, and I while I only have experience with one of them, I don't see it being a problem. Especially if my preferred dealer has one in stock...I've bought two bikes from them within a year. They like me ;)

I haven't heard that the other dealer is stingy with their test rides either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hola from Colorado Springs   Hola from Colorado Springs Empty

Back to top Go down

Hola from Colorado Springs
Page 1 of 1