Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
twowheelsdown2002

Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! Empty
PostSubject: Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!   Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 am

I just got rid of my 2001 KLR-650 and got a new 2013 WR250R. Wow! This is so much fun! It accelerates about like the KLR, but everything else is just so much more fun.

It actually has brakes! Unlike the KLR where you wonder if you are going into the middle of the intersection. Now I have to worry a car might hit me because I stopped too quick. I sure like the feel of a much lighter bike with much better brakes.

And it is so light and nimble, which makes it so much more fun to ride. So much more fun to be able to throw it around, maneuver quickly, and stop quickly.

The engine is amazing! So smooth. I left cars sitting at the lights with ease, and I blasted onto the freeway and hit 80 with no sweat. Ran past a semi, and did not get blown around at all. The KLR actually was worse because of the windscreen. I stood straight up on the pegs at 80mph, and it was stable as could be. 70mph it had zero vibration. What a great little motor.

Blasting a roller coaster, twisty road was fun as hell. I nearly caught air in spots. Tucson has a couple roads that literally are roller coaster roads.  Steering is light and nimble, and yet the bike is stable as can be.

I found myself not really wanting to ride the KLR. But I can't wait for the next ride on the WR! What an awesome, fun machine!
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!   Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:30 am

Sounds like you like it... Very happy
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!   Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 am

Congrats on your new acqusition!  thumb 

Agree that the WR is much more capable and easier to manage in the rough stuff. Just put a set of dirt wheels on my X, effectively turning it into an R, but I still love my heavily modified KLR for long distance and fire roads. Horses for courses!
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!   Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
Congrats on your new acqusition!  thumb 

Agree that the WR is much more capable and easier to manage in the rough stuff.  Just put a set of dirt wheels on my X, effectively turning it into an R, but I still love my heavily modified KLR for long distance and fire roads.  Horses for courses!

+1 on this. The KLR paired with the WRR is not a bad combo. If I have a long bit of highway the KLR gets the nod. But it still is decent on back gravel roads. If I know I have some tuff terrain to contend with the WRR gets the nod. I did a 2 week adventure ride on my WRR with camping gear , etc. Colorado to Montana and back. 2600 miles , 2000 miles off pavement. The WRR was just fine for this trip. And I was glad to be on the WRR through some nasty mountain passes.

Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!   Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 am

Came off a KLR, DRZ, Wee and a DR. Those are gone and the WR is the choice. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!   Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye KLR, Hello WR. Love it!
Page 1 of 1