Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

angle sensor loose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wristpin

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 5:41 pm

So I did the ultimate airbox mod and when I put it all back together the lean angle sensor won't tighten down all the way. Did I loose some spacers or something, or is it supposed to be loose fitting?
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:41 am

The sensor has cushioned rubber mounts. It should move some after screws are tightened. It's designed that way.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm getting ready to do the air box mod to my bike, along with pipe, programmer, etc. I don't have a shop manual or even an owners manual. Can someone tell me where the lean angle sensor is.  Pic maybe?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Top, front of air box. 2 screws. Be careful disconnecting cable if you do. Not really necessary. Just remove 2 screws and set aside.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:37 pm

I tightened down the screws as far as they would go and they are not seating down into the rubber mounts. It's like I dropped some spacers or something when I took it off, but I didn't notice anything come off that didn't go back on. I also didn't notice it to be that loose before I took it off, but I didn't thoroughly analyze how snug it was screwed on before I took it off either. I can literally slide it up and down on the screws 1/8th of an inch give or take. If someone could check theirs out and see how snug it is it would be appreciated. I may need to put some washers on it or something.
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Without taking my bike out of the trailer and taking it apart, I believe the rubber grommets have a sleeve down the center to control how much the sensor will float. If the spacers are in and the screws are tight, then all is probably ok. My sensor moves a lot.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Old Rider wrote:
Top, front of air box. 2 screws. Be careful disconnecting cable if you do. Not really necessary. Just remove 2 screws and set aside.

Thanks! If the space heaters warm my garage up enough, I'm going to start working on the bike today (29 deg F here today).

Come on Spring!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

angle sensor loose Empty
PostSubject: Re: angle sensor loose   angle sensor loose Empty

Back to top Go down

angle sensor loose
Page 1 of 1