Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lean Angle Sensor

Go down 
+4
mx284
ed29
f3joel
dirtytrixx400
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:31 am

i'm thinking about just eliminating my lean angle sensor,mainly due to the fact that i'm in the process of deciding on how far to open up the air box. also because the sensor doesn't work 99% of the time either.

i'm leaning towards removing the whole top,or at least cutting away a good bit of it.

i was just wondering if anyone who has done either of these things had any problems afterwards?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 am

I pulled the top off my airbox.
I just used two zip ties and hooked lean angle sensor to one of the sub frame rails.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am

f3joel wrote:
I pulled the top off my airbox.
I just used two zip ties and hooked lean angle sensor to one of the sub frame rails.

did you notice any improvement after taking the top off?

when i removed the flapper and actuator i noticed a little more pull in the mid range,i also installed a k&n filter at the same time...but i also then got that crappy sounding intake noise.
i found that it was the open actuator hole causing the noise....so i covered that back up and have been running it with just the flapper removed.
honestly i can't see how it was running as good as it was even with the flapper out of the way....the opening is just too small. the "high five" air box mod looks pretty good,but even with that it still looks restricted.

i still think vwsandman's built top looks the best. i may end up trying to copy his....or just go with the top off.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 am

I noticed an improvement but I also have k&n, fmf header, powercore4, and fmf programmer.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 am

f3joel wrote:
I noticed an improvement but I also have k&n, fmf header, powercore4, and fmf programmer.

ok,thanks....i just put on a powercore4 and already had a k&n. i just ordered a DRC edge tail light kit this morning,so my buying bike stuff funds are getting low again. i figured i'd go ahead and open up the air box(free mod) till i can afford the next upgrades.

the powercore slip on added some noticeable bottom end.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:15 pm

for anyone wanting to remove the lean angle sensor from their bike.....
here's what i found it takes to do it and not have any CEL or trouble codes.
it took a 100 ohm resistor connecting from the blue to the blue/black and a 2k ohm resistor connecting from the green/yellow to the blue connection.

Lean Angle Sensor SL380500

Lean Angle Sensor SL380499

no more lean angle sensor to worry with...mine never worked as intended anyways and now i don't have to worry about it ever causing any problems either.
with that out of the way i was able to go ahead and just remove the whole top of the air box for the maximum amount of air flow.

Lean Angle Sensor SL380504

now i have the top part of the airbox in hand and can fabricate a new one if i find that i need to.
i've only rode it for a few minutes so far after i was thru working on it this evening,but from what i could tell it really likes the open air box. Lean Angle Sensor 61865
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 am

What was the symptom for the lean angle sensor not working? Did it shut off the pump when the bike was upright, or fail to kill the engine while on its side?
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:20 pm

ed29 wrote:
What was the symptom for the lean angle sensor not working? Did it shut off the pump when the bike was upright, or fail to kill the engine while on its side?

failed to kill the engine....it's only been down like 5 times....all slow speed /minor spills but it only ever cut the engine the first time i ever layed it over.

good example here...at the very end of this clip.
https://www.youtube.com/polaris499#p/u/6/Vc4VtG25MTI

it has on occassion also just died.....usually going over a slight hump or going thru a dip/wash....it's only ever done this a few times,but it required turning the key off then on again to get it to crank up again,but it hasn't left a code from that happening. Lean Angle Sensor Icon_scratch
the last time it did this was a cpl weekends ago and it really got me to thinking about it....especially since it doesn't do it's intended job anyways.

i would rather it had worked and it's a good fail safe to kill the engine,but it's gotta actually work to be useful.
Back to top Go down
mx284

mx284

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Not sure if it would work of the R2.........but I know guys will use silicone caulking and squirt it into the sensor which solidifies the sensor mechanism to avoid it shutting off their street bikes when using them on the track.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:24 pm

The sensor is sealed which would involve taking it apart, slathering it up, then stuff it back together.

dirtytrixx400

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:53 pm

quick follow up on this thread after a good honest dual sport ride today.....some street travel and alot of off road.

there is no downside to just removing the top of the air box....it just plain runs better.
my 2 resistor lean angle sensor replacement circuit works perfect....i'm glad to have just been able to go ahead and get rid of it with the air box top.

i also had to increase my CO setting......i'm now at +9 (stock mine was set at -7)....i don't think i could ask for it to run any better...very happy with this new pipe(power core 4) and open air box mod. Lean Angle Sensor 61865
Back to top Go down
28marcb

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:22 am

What is a CO setting???
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 am

Carbon Monoxide setting. Here is more info on how you can tweak that setting thru the diagnostics your bike has. Lean Angle Sensor 61865

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Think I read all the threads on the lean angle sensor and going to add my question to this one since it is in the title.

My LAS is malfuntioning. It will chop fuel when climbing a hill and trip code 30 (major drag). I did flapperectomy and zip tied it to the front lip of the airbox and it seems to be level when I remove the seat and look at it. I will try repositioning it but I don't think that is it.

Does anyone know of a test procedure for the thing? Would an open circuit condition do this? Is it an on-off thing or an analog resistance out thing? Seems analogish because twice it has stalled when I opened the throttle after coming down three levels of my parking garage, then in downtown Seattle today and on my driveway at home yesterday. Definetly the LAS.

I see a replacement is about $60 bucks. I will be get out my ohm meter and play with it. At work now and tried to unplug the thing but I am going to need my awesome set of tools at home to get it off so I just thumped it with my finger and will hope for the best on the ride home.
Back to top Go down
John

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Lean angle sensor    Lean Angle Sensor EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 9:41 am

Hello guys !!!
I have a YFZ 450R and the lean angle sensor is broken.
My question is if i can do the same bypass with the resistors without damage the ECU.
According to the servise manual both WR250 and YFZ 450 have the same output voltage in the lean angle sensor.
Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lean Angle Sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lean Angle Sensor   Lean Angle Sensor Empty

Back to top Go down

Lean Angle Sensor
Page 1 of 1