Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

how much weight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wristpin

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: how much weight   how much weight EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 pm

How much weight can this bike handle? My wife and I together weigh around 290, the bike does just fine with the two of us on it. How much weight is too much for this bike for things become compromised other than power, handling, braking etc.? What if a 350 pound guy threw a leg over? Would it damage the bike in any way?
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: how much weight   how much weight EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:58 am

wont hurt it.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: weight   how much weight EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:12 am

Check the specs and your owner manual. I think it says somewhere what the rated weight limit is supposed to be.

I weight 230 lbs in my gear and add about 50 or 60 lbs in luggage. Did a 2600 mile trip loaded like this and the bike was fine. 2000 of those miles were not on pavement though.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: bsheet   how much weight EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:47 pm

....any suspension work on rear end? I'm weighing the same and am contemplating revalve job on rear shock and beefier spring.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: how much weight   how much weight EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:32 pm

According to the user manual the maximum load limit (rider + passenger + baggage) is 185 kg (408 lb)
Back to top Go down
sophijo

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: converging performance/max weight   how much weight EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:40 pm

I may be wrong but I'm assuming that suspension performance declines as weight approaches max. There's probably a sweet spot. I like to figure out where that is, relevant to my needs.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: weight   how much weight EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:25 pm

For my trip I did put a stiffer spring on the rear shock so I could get the sag at about 3 to 3.5 inches when fully loaded and me on the bike. I found the stock spring would not achieve the correct sag. I did not re-valve or anything. I am not an aggressive rider and find the stock WRR suspension to be pretty adequate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how much weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: how much weight   how much weight Empty

Back to top Go down

how much weight
Page 1 of 1