Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Acerbis Hand Guards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thethirteenthone

Acerbis Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Acerbis Hand Guards   Acerbis Hand Guards EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 pm

Having a hell of a time getting these things on correctly. Seems like I need spacers that didn't come with the kit. Anyone have any success mounting these? Also notice my levers hit the plastic.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Hand Guards   Acerbis Hand Guards EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Pictures would help to diagnose.

It is normal to have to "adjust" or bend them slightly to fit properly.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: install   Acerbis Hand Guards EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Put the clamp as far toward the hand grip as you can. Tighten it up. Then use the bolt that goes to the bar end to pull it in. On mine this caused the hand guard to bow out and give more room for the levers.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Hand Guards   Acerbis Hand Guards EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 pm

they should fit the way they came. I can post some pictures tomorrow if you like how I mounted mine.

to solve the problem about the lever touching the guard, I found the easiest simplest solution is to move the whole brake perch inward by 1-2 mm was enough for me for it not to touch anymore.
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Hand Guards   Acerbis Hand Guards EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Definitely takes some fiddling. Keep everything loose until you get it set, then tighten it up and never move it.......
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Hand Guards   Acerbis Hand Guards EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 6:46 pm

got them on, what a p.i.t.a.
thanks guys!
-bryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis Hand Guards   Acerbis Hand Guards Empty

Back to top Go down

Acerbis Hand Guards
Page 1 of 1