Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Brush Guards/Hand Guards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
M1A Rifleman

Brush Guards/Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm looking for more of a brush guard that has a single connection point on the handle bar rather that also connecting at the end of the grip. I think the XR650L comes with what I'm looking for. Can someone recommend this a type of guard with a single connection point?

Also, tried to remove one of the mirrors and the chrome stud for one of the mirrors - (this is the chrome stud thingy on each side that threads into the perch, and the mirrors thread into this stud) - seems frozen to the handle bar perch. Prying on this seems to flex the perch rather than breaking the stud loose. Anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Yamaha for some reason makes the right spring perch reverse threaded. I think that is is case you hit something with the mirror it might be able to unscrew instead of breaking. So try twisting it the other way.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:09 am

M1A Rifleman wrote:
I'm looking for more of a brush guard that has a single connection point on the handle bar rather that also connecting at the end of the grip. I think the XR650L comes with what I'm looking for. Can someone recommend this a type of guard with a single connection point?

?

FWIW:

I can't imagine a single point mount being anywhere near as strong a dual point. My Zeta setup has survived 4 good lay-downs with no damage to levers or guards. Prior to the guards, I bent the clutch lever each of the 3 times I dropped the bike.
Back to top Go down
millert85

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:13 am

there more of a MX thing, their ok for guarding againg roost and brushes but wont help in a get off. MX'ers like em cause if they get in a mess its very hard to get your hands caught. nearly all brands do them, acerbis do a few, cycra, barkbusters. if you head to your local bike shop and ask about MX hand guards they should be able to show you 20 different model. if they cant, move to australia and come see me :) you know you want to... Oprah loved it :p

and its true most yamahas use l/h thread on one mirror
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:23 pm

millert85 wrote:
move to australia and come see me :) you know you want to... Oprah loved it :p

Thanks for the help.

No australia for me, as it would mean I'd have to get rid of all my guns GAHHHH - never!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/192/30017/ITEM/Cycra-Primal-Racer-Packs.aspx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 pm

millert85 wrote:
there more of a MX thing, their ok for guarding againg roost and brushes but wont help in a get off. MX'ers like em cause if they get in a mess its very hard to get your hands caught. nearly all brands do them, acerbis do a few, cycra, barkbusters. if you head to your local bike shop and ask about MX hand guards they should be able to show you 20 different model. if they cant, move to australia and come see me :) you know you want to... Oprah loved it :p

and its true most yamahas use l/h thread on one mirror
i think normal hand guards are banned in MX cause you can seriously mess up someones hands when you are side by side and "elbowing" for a position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brush Guards/Hand Guards   Brush Guards/Hand Guards Empty

Back to top Go down

Brush Guards/Hand Guards
Page 1 of 1