Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Acerbis hand guards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
D J

Acerbis hand guards Empty
PostSubject: Acerbis hand guards   Acerbis hand guards EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:35 pm

http://www.motostrano.com/Acerbis-Dual-Road-Handguards-p/06350728.htm

Has or does any one have any info these guards? I really like this design but idk if it will protect as well as the pro x guards sense these do not connect at the top to the Handel bars? Well please lmk if not I will just order the pro x ones.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis hand guards   Acerbis hand guards EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Well site says they are only made of Nylon and Polycarbonate. So not even a reinforced stainless steel structure. They are probably alright for light drops and falls but for more serious crashes I don't see these as being that effective. Then again it depends on the kind of riding that you do.

But I've never seen handguards like that installed and have no first hand experience so maybe someone here can tell us more
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis hand guards   Acerbis hand guards EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:18 pm

I've got the Acerbis rally pro handgaurds on my WRR and I really like them,,the quality is good,and they have taken a beating and still are fine,,they have saved my clutch and break levers a few times.........................if i had an X then I think I would get the Acerbis supermoto handgaurds.................Jason
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis hand guards   Acerbis hand guards EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Acerbis hand guards 6891030700_a744db6ae3
IMG_20120401_200009 by Noah_K_T, on Flickr

I'd buy one that's attached at both sides and has aluminum structure in it. This one took several hard tree hits and a slide on concrete around 25mph. I'm fairly certain the one you linked would have failed to protect my hands and/or the bike in those circumstances.
Back to top Go down
D J

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis hand guards   Acerbis hand guards EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Thank you guys, those were my fears, them not taking much damage. Yea I just went with the pro x handguards. Was only 95 bucks so I can't beat it.
I will update with pics once guards come in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acerbis hand guards   Acerbis hand guards Empty

Back to top Go down

Acerbis hand guards
Page 1 of 1