Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick

Go down 
+7
66T
Caldsy
drbike
camaroz1985
Monkeynuts
LordEndo
WeAkSaUzE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:47 am

During the installation of my IMS 3 gallon tank, I ran into a small hangup....even after sliding down the orange connector cover down and exposing the 2 blue buttons, my sausage fingers just couldn't push the 2 buttons in enough to release the coupler. So I took 2 Ny-Ty's that where just smaller than the blue release buttons and Bingo...fuel hose off in the next attempt  wings 

You can see the blurry Ny-Ty's in the photo...

Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick 2re42tj

Last edited by WeAkSaUzE on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 1:52 am

Great idea! I've struggled with that one a few times - when it's right it just sort of pops off, seems like the blue collar is just big enough to clear.

Definitely gonna try your trick next time I'm in there.
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Tip. Put some silicone grease on the fuel pump outlet before you reassemble it, should help the next time you have to remove the tank  thumb 
Back to top Go down
camaroz1985

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Just curious, but is this a dry break connector or will it leak fuel?
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:48 pm

Monkeynuts wrote:
Tip. Put some silicone grease on the fuel pump outlet before you reassemble it, should help the next time you have to remove the tank  thumb

Nah...it had nothing to do with stiction from the O-Ring/Seal, once I got the buttons all the way in, sliding the fitting off was effortless, and it slid back on just as easy. It was all about my over-sized Bugger Hooks and the little release buttons.

camaroz1985 wrote:
Just curious, but is this a dry break connector or will it leak fuel?

I don't think so, it did dribble a little fuel, nothing a shop rag couldn't handle.
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:43 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
During the installation of my IMS 3 gallon tank, I ran into a small hangup....even after sliding down the orange connector cover down and exposing the 2 blue buttons, my sausage fingers just couldn't push the 2 buttons in enough to release the coupler. So I took 2 Ny-Ty's that where just smaller than the blue release buttons and Bingo...fuel hose off in the next attempt  wings 

Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick Fuelfit

great trick thanks
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:09 pm

drbike wrote:
WeAkSaUzE wrote:

Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick 2re42tj

great trick thanks  

I fixed the photo link  thumb
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks for the tip. Immagonna install my tank within the next few weeks hopefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:10 pm

FYI. If you push the connector together further before you push in on the buttons, it will release a lot easier. The auto industry uses the same fittings on fuel and tank ventilation, and that's the trick. Push the connector together, push in the release buttons, then slide it apart.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Excellent and cunning plans. I wish I'd thought of them!

Brilliant. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Paulie

Paulie

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 10:52 am

The svc manual calls it "Fuel hose coupler" on pg 7-2. I struggled like a klutz to r/r my IMS 4.7 fuel tank. Not enuf space to git in thar to yank the dang thang!

So I came up with a cheep gizmolia that works like a champ! It uses a HF needlenose (like their 39538) & 2 lil generic nuts that ya jam on the tips...

Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick XUnCQ14YYbt8We8c7

Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick KjPFhAZmdYwvpPqQ6
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! I love you mang !
Back to top Go down
rynoinaz

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 12:43 am

hi.
i broke the orange clip on my 2015 wr450f.  any ideas on how to fix without having to buy the entire fule line assembly part number below?
1DX-13971-00-00 PIPE, FUEL 1

any info is greatly appreciated!

thanks!
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 2:43 am

The orange clip is just a locking mechanism; the fuel line will still not come off accidentally without it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick   Charcoal Can Removal - Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Tank Hose Coupler Removal Trick
Page 1 of 1