Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skithis

Anybody race a harescramble on their 250? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?   Anybody race a harescramble on their 250? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:20 pm

I have a 250x which I've modified over to an R. Its got all the standard bolt ons. Was watching a harescramble helmet cam video of a park about 20 minutes from me who puts on a few a year and my girlfriend walks over and sais "honey why don't you do that?". Well that's a good question. I've never raced a dirt bike. Been riding a few years and have been to the motocross track a few times on my old yz426. I don't consider myself that great of a rider. Should I go for it? Is the 250r an ok bike for it?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?   Anybody race a harescramble on their 250? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 pm

I race the local harescrambles on my wr250r, it does alright unless the track is fast and sandy then the more powerfull bikes pull away from me.

They bumped me up to intermediate last year since I was 3rd overall the year before in the novice class and I skipped a race, but I was on a gasgas that year.

I was mid to back of the pack as an intermediate last year but I can/could win in the novice class, the bikes not to blame at all, thats how fast I go on any bike, im as strong as an oxe but not in that good of shape, I get tired if I go flat out for 1 1/2 hours and need to pace myself so I can finish lol.

One race a guy showed up on a supermoto wr250x with 17 inch knobbies and got 3rd in the intermediate class, the bike is capible if you are! This guy now has a mx bike and is close to winning every race now, its 90% rider 10% bike.

I say sign up in one of the easier classes and go for it, its a ton of fun. thumb 
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?   Anybody race a harescramble on their 250? EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 12:10 pm

I was actually wanting to ask this same question for awhile.
Thanks for the answer Biglake.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?   Anybody race a harescramble on their 250? EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:17 am

I win every single race I participate in.

That said, I ride alone.

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?   Anybody race a harescramble on their 250? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody race a harescramble on their 250?
Page 1 of 1