Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Race Gas

Go down 
+2
ZED
Reschly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Reschly

Reschly

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Has anyone tried it? just wondering, if so are you running a programmer box? will it hurt it with out a box?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:12 pm

It really shouldn't make a difference unless you change the ignition timing, or the compression.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 pm

ZED wrote:
It really shouldn't make a difference unless you change the ignition timing, or the compression.

...or use leaded race gas and still have the factory pipe.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Machtig wrote:
ZED wrote:

...or use leaded race gas and still have the factory pipe.

scratch
What's race gas going to do for your performnace? A higher octane doesn't mean it has more energy, it just resists pre-ignition.

Now, a leaded fuel in general has some benefits to the engine in terms of lubrication and longevity. Before leaded fuel was dropped for general use Ford motor company did researched that showed that if every vehicle had the benefit of one tank of leaded fuel before switching to unleaded fuel, then the longevity increased significantly. However, most people won't own any vehicle particularly a motorcylce long enough to see such anti-friction benefits from leaded fuel anyway.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 9:21 am

I'm fairly certain the lead will wipe out the catalyst in the stock pipe. That's what I was getting at.

Last edited by Machtig on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:11 am

Ah, I see. Yes, I think that leaded fuel would be pretty bad news for the catalyst. Very happy
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:32 pm

If you can find find Toluene (114 octane) at like a paint store or somewhere solvent are sold you could add up to 30% to 92 octane pump gas and end with 98.6 octane. Toluene is safe for catlysts. Google Toluene also known as Rocket Fuel or Home Brew.1 or 2 ounces per gallon of 92 pump gas will make a difference.
Back to top Go down
JonDaddy82

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 pm

Oxygenated race fuel will add power. Look into VP U4.2 or MR9. They add around 4-6 HP in my streetbike.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:05 pm

JonDaddy82 wrote:
Oxygenated race fuel will add power. Look into VP U4.2 or MR9. They add around 4-6 HP in my streetbike.

Check out the VP fuels website. Note that changing air/fuel ratio is needed to gain power and eliminate detonation damage - this requires some form of controller for an EFI motor like WRR/X. Note also special storage requirements for fuels. Be aware that you will be trying to play engineer without all the equipment that an engineer has (Dynamometer, exhaust gas analyzer, etc.) If you do it I'd love to see some actual results - Dyno charts or drag strip times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race Gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Gas   Race Gas Empty

Back to top Go down

Race Gas
Page 1 of 1