Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Winter is right around the corner....

Go down 
+7
Chrispy1200
SheWolf
rokka
Jäger
ZED
0007onWR
wildmotha
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wildmotha

wildmotha

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:07 am

Way to work the snatch!! Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 204616
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:02 am

Oh that sounded SO bad in SO many ways.... poser2

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:40 pm

LOL
Just on the left side of the Snatch is "The crack"
It's not the worst
When a guy makes a first ascent he get's to name the hill
Paul Gibb's named one the "Angry Pirate", I'm not even gonna tell you what that means
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Autumn   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:31 pm

The autumn is here.

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 28jl6br
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Short days in the north   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 10:59 am

Days are geting very short here in Kiruna. it takes bout 20 sek of adwertising before the clip apears http://tv4play.se/nyheter/vaderkanalen%3FvideoId%3D1.1341916
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:45 am

What kind of temps and snowfall do you get there Rokka?
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Centigrade   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Not so much snow :( About 20 cm witch is very little for this period. Right now the temperatur is -3 c. Here is a link with the temps for a month

http://www.irf.se/weather/temperature/last_31_days_knutstorp.jpg#1258821825531

http://www.irf.se/weather/
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: 50 cm   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 am

Now the winter is really here, 50 cm of powder snow and the broadcast say that tomorrow the temperatur will be -20 c.

Last edited by rokka on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Winter plans   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 am

I'm going to be starting to stud up a set of tires here soon for the local ice tracks. I wasn't a big fan of the Dunlop 606's off road (back was OK but the front was squirrelly in loose sand / mud) so I think I'll use those since there are pretty low mileage and have lots of room for a lot of screws.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: christmas feeling   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 pm

A pic with christmas feeling. Minus 15c clear sky

click
Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 207598-100_1979
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Polarnight   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:23 am

Now it is the darkest days of the year, we have polar night in my region. It means that the sun set for the last time 2009 on the 10 of December and it will rise on Januari 7 2010.
My Wrr is hibernating for 5 more months. But it is a nice time do with Christmas feelings in the air and many come together with friends. A lot of good food and good vine. The sled is fuelled up and ready for many km's
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: 80 cm   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 5:15 pm

80 cm of snow and minus 25.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Yamaha Venture   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Today I bought a new snowmobile J I will pick it up on Friday afternoon. Cant wait for Saturday morning when im going to the mountains !

http://www.yamaha-motor.se/produkter/snoeskotrar/light_utility/venture_multi_purpose.jsp

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Nice sled! Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 61865

rokka

PostSubject: Thanks   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks! It’s always nice with new machines. Bye the way I think that the engine has a lot of the same parts as WR250R/X.

I wonder what the price is in US for a sled like this ?

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 pm

All I can say is I'm completely disoriented.

I thought "The Crack" was on the other side of "The Snatch"

Sheesh... Glad I don't ride there ! I'd be all messed up with them side-by-side !
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am

One slip on 'The Crack' will wind you up in 'The Snatch.' Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 851577

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:36 am

Exactly ! THAT would be the ultimate goal !

So my strategy is: I'm going in with worn tires on purpose !

Scandalous... Absolutely scandalous !
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Just be careful when you ride over that Pinkly Taurus. Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 93746

rokka

PostSubject: First ride on my new sled   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:52 pm

First ride today on my newsled . We went to a big lake to fish arctic char. The local Sami people who have the rights for fishing in the lake let everybody from my town fish in the lake for 4 weeks. We live in tents on sleds and fish inside if it’s cold. Today we caught about 100 arctic chars. A great day today. Somthing to remember.

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 I5ry36

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 Jh54t5

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 2jd1dkx

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 Sg51r8

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 2e4jjhe

Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 2ik4l82
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Wow ! That is BEAUTIFUL ! Thanks for sharing ! Really cool !

* drooling on the fish and wondering if the trailer can adapt to 21" knobbies *

Do you clean and eat the fish there ? How do you cook em ?

Do you guys circle the trailers and play cards at night ? ...and hope the wind doesn't blow.

How do you stay warm ? ...besides lots of layers of down.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:42 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Wow ! That is BEAUTIFUL ! Thanks for sharing ! Really cool !

* drooling on the fish and wondering if the trailer can adapt to 21" knobbies *

Do you clean and eat the fish there ? How do you cook em ?

Do you guys circle the trailers and play cards at night ? ...and hope the wind doesn't blow.

How do you stay warm ? ...besides lots of layers of down.

Thanks ! Lets hope that peoples republic of taste dose not delete my pictures as earlier.
I put salt in the fish and smoke them for 30 min. Then it’s like somebody have sex in you mouth when you put them on your sandwich. We have gasol heaters in the tent that we call ark.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: DVD   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:55 am

Quote :

Well it depends on the weather. We can watch DVD play cards sometimes we make big fires and have beer a whisky and cook fish or reindiermeat on the fire. Whole villages of arks makes it easy to visit friends for a talk.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:31 pm

What do you call those trouts in Sweden ?

They look a littl ebit like our red or brook's trouts.

Must be fun to fly fish them in the summer.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Arctic char, IIRC. The best tasting fish from the salmon family. Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 61865 I always grab some from the fish monger in town; really nice bbq'd with a bit of mayo, lemon juice and garlic.

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter is right around the corner....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next