Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Which Windshield?

Go down 
+6
Electrojake
Rushblur
wjfawb0
danwray
rsteiger
camaroz1985
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
camaroz1985

Which Windshield? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Electrojake

Electrojake

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 pm

camaroz1985 wrote:
Here is my review.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t10771-screens-for-bikes-windshield-review

camaroz1985, that was a great windscreen review!
Unlike my MadStad screen, the Australian unit you bought blends in beautifully with the WR/R.

Also noted your hi-viz helmet & crash gear, tail box, and electronics gadgets mounted on the bars.
I too travel bright, protected, tools, survival gear, gadgets, etc...
Nice!
Thanks again for an outstanding windshield review thumb 
-Ej-

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t10771-screens-for-bikes-windshield-review
Back to top Go down
Rushblur

Rushblur

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:38 am

Electrojake wrote:

I occasionally use the WRR (it's actually my Son's WRR) to commute.
I have notice that once I hit about 70 MPH with the Madstad windshield on the bike, it starts pushing the front end around.
I'm not fond of setting up a tank-slapper at full tilt so, How do I cure that high speed shimmy & wandering problem?
Also, understand that if I take the windshield off the bike, everything is fine at any speed.
Thanks,
-Ej-

I had some front end stablility issues and tried a million different things (Tires, Wheels, Dyna Beads, Stearing Stem and Wheel Bearings, Windshield, Frame Geometry, Ride Height, Brakes)  - it turned out my rear wheel was slightly out of alignment.  The wonkey stock axle blocks are downright lousy for measuring distance.  GYTR are worth the money and even then I'm careful to match up the length of the screw adjusters with a caliper to get it just right.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:12 pm

I like this one ($89.95 US).  It's going on soon...

http://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/yamaha_wr250_450.html

Which Windshield? - Page 2 P1050053-XL
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:25 pm

I have that one, cuts down some of the wind hitting your chest, works good, I dont do much highway time though. As little as possible.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Please be careful with those.
Windshields are great until they hit you in the throat. I decided against one realizing I was just being paranoid... as it turns out, on a few occasions my face bounced off the headlight housing, and my throat thanked me for leaving the lexan for street bikes.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:39 pm

Im fairly tall and I have found that the top of the c baily will not fit into the opening of my Fly trekker helmet, and no I will not tell you how I checked this out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Windshield?   Which Windshield? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Windshield?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next